• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LUKE CAGE on Netflix
2 2

383 posts in this topic

I'm really happy about the Netflix MU. It is much better than MCU's schwarma nonsense.

You're a jagged little pill, aren't you? Why don't you try milk in your morning cornflakes instead of ?

lol lol lol

David Tennant's Purple Man is in Netflix's Luke Cage

In the Alias comics it is revealed that Jessica Jones has a traumatic event in her past when she was psychically controlled by the Purple Man. The villain will be played by Doctor Who's David Tennant in November when Jessica Jones hits Netflix in its entirety. When we got our first set photos of David Tennant in a purple suit we also got a look at Mike Colter as Luke Cage on the very same day.

Now, it may not seem like such a coincidence as the Luke Cage and Purple Man characters look to be linked in more ways than Kristen Ritter. Jessica Jones has wrapped and is going to be released to the public in a couple of months while the Luke Cage series has already begun shooting around New York.

David Tennant has been spotted on the set for Luke Cage, revealing that Purple Man won't be a one-and-done villain for Jessica Jones and might have more to do in the Marvel Universe than initially expected. Thus far for Luke Cage, the only villains we knew of were Alfre Woodard as Harlem politician Mariah Dillard and Mahershala Ali as her cousin, Cornell “Cottonmouth" Stokes. Now, with Purple Man thrown into the mix the deck looks much more stacked against our hero for hire.

7hmoiGr.png

Mike Colter On LUKE CAGE Discovering The Limits Of His Powers In JESSICA JONES

Some show details mentioned from when he starts out on Jessica Jones.

Speaking to Collider, Mike Colter stated, "You guys have seen the first two [episodes]. I think there are more than one moment for me, but since you’ve seen the first two, I think for me it’s like, we talk about realism and what we can do and less is more and stuff like that and being grounded. For me it was the table saw moment for Cage at the end of [episode] two, this moment where you’re like, you show your power but in a subtle way in a sense but it’s so effective and then it’s just a moment, it’s like this thing where you’re like –Because what’s great about what they’re doing is like we’re discovering, especially for Cage, he’s discovering this power as you see him, he doesn’t know what he can do. And so he has the power, he doesn’t know what he can do, so he knows some things, he doesn’t know everything. So you’ll find that out as it goes, that’s what’s cool, that moment of like, “I know I can do this and this is what I’m gonna show you right now that’ll let you know…” you know. But it’s a movie moment, it’s one of those things where you’re like, “I’m unbreakable.” This is that moment and then what does that mean? All that stuff. So that was that moment where we shot that, I remember we were rushing to get it shot but it turned out a cool moment."

It can't have been that hard. If it was taken, they could have reasonable legal ground to demand it from the owner, or simply purchase it. hm

They contacted Nic Cage and asked if he would please release the account. He asked for a simple trade.

DXeQl.jpg

To look like Peyton Manning? (shrug)

WOW!

JESSICA JONES Will Feature That Scene From The ALIAS Comic

if true that is ballsy on the part of Marvel.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=125841

Also, no joke I got a "K-Y for him and her" add pop-up above the story. :roflmao:

People love sex stuff.

i think its safe to assume luke cages show will occur chronologically before his appearance in Jessica Jones, in that i t will be his origin story.

hm hm It looks like it with David Tennant being spotted on set. Looking forward to seeing more of the Purple Man!

After seeing how horrible Luke Cage was portrayed in my opinion on Jessica Jones I know have no faith any future productions evolving Mike Randal Colter as Luke Cage.

I would have rather seen Dave Chappelle at Luke Cage:

So interesting how we all can see things so differently since I thought he did a great job as Luke in Jessica Jones.

i think its safe to assume luke cages show will occur chronologically before his appearance in Jessica Jones, in that i t will be his origin story.

hm hm It looks like it with David Tennant being spotted on set. Looking forward to seeing more of the Purple Man!

Actually I think we're wrong...

Despite the fact that his solo show initially sounded like it was going to contain origin story elements, Colter himself said that Luke Cage will be chronologically dated after the events of Jessica Jones.

"I can tell you what they’ve allowed me to, which is basically, Luke Cage will take place a few months after Jessica Jones. So in real time, if you watch Jessica Jones, you’ll find [at the end] Luke Cage uptown in Harlem, working, trying to make ends meet."

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3661997?lt_source=external,manual

Maybe the Purple Man lives hmm hm

After seeing how horrible Luke Cage was portrayed in my opinion on Jessica Jones I know have no faith any future productions evolving Mike Randal Colter as Luke Cage.

So interesting how we all can see things so differently since I thought he did a great job as Luke in Jessica Jones.

I agree. I liked Luke Cage on the show. They missed some opportunities with him but his introduction was good

Interesting to see this. I actually wasn't a huge fan of Jessica Jones, but thought Colter's portrayal of Cage was the high point. lol