• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meaning of Apparent

2 posts in this topic

This next part was posted on another thread:

Hi, newbie here!

I just put in my first submission to CGC...anxiously checking the status...the first 4 on the CGC coupon have been Verified...

Today I check the contents, and first information has appeared: my TOS 11 has a Pedigree notation of TRIMMED! Aigh! I have had this book since 1982 or so. I guess, now I will not be able to inspect it closely after I get it back without popping it out of the slab... I would never consider doing such a thing. I did not notice anything really wrong with it previous to this, but since it really was not in tip-top shape as it was, never thought that any kind of restoration had been applied to it.

Any comments? Does this usually result from a missing overhang, as noted in other threads? How much info can I get on why this determination was made?

So it came through with White pages, Apparent, Trimmed on Right Side, and grade of 3.5.

Experts: does this mean it would have been higher grade without the trimming, or does it mean it's 3.5 as it appears, along with the information that it has been trimmed as being a detrimental factor? ....and I have my dates wrong, I had this comic before I graduated high school, so we are talking late 70's...agh, anyway, had not suspicion...I'll post pics when I get it back.