• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Hugh Jackman Thinking About Avengers and X-Men Crossover According to Sebastian Stan

Hugh Jackman is thinking about the potential for an X-Men and Avengers crossover. That's according to one current member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sebastian Stan was on an Ace Comic Con panel with co-stars Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie. The topic of Fox's merger with Disney and what it means for the X-Men and Marvel movies came up. Stan volunteered some interesting information.

"Recently I happened to be sitting next to Hugh Jackman," Stan said. "I didn't know what other awkward thing I could talk about but to be like, 'Am I going to see you soon?' I don't know. But he said a couple of things to me and I'll just leave it at that. Otherwise, I feel like I'm going to get into trouble with somebody."

Despite worrying about getting into trouble, Stan continued.

"I asked him because I kept thinking he said whether or not that was, Logan, was supposed to be the last Wolverine thing or whatever and he said to me, well I think he publicly said out there, which was like he's been thinking about it and it's been on his mind. So, I don't, he may be."

LOGAN Becomes The First Superhero Movie In History To Receive A Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar Nomination

Many of us were hoping that Logan would pick up a few nominations in the major Academy Award categories (not even a best Supporting Actor nod for Sir Patrick Stewart?), but the James Mangold-directed Wolverine film did still manage to make history by becoming the first superhero movie to land an adapted screenplay nomination at the Oscars.

Director James Mangold penned the -script along with Scott Frank and Michael Green, and fans of the iconic hero's emotional swansong will be hoping they'll be rewarded for their great work when the winners are announced next month.

10 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Love hugh Jackman but lets get an actor who's 5'4 to play the next Wolverine. That was part of why Wolverine was so awesome... scrappy, short, hardcore hero. 

Plus it's baked into the concept of the animal he's named after since wolverines are small but fierce.  Honey badgers are more fierce, but Hulk vs. Honey Badger doesn't ring as quite as bad-arse of a fight.  :insane:

mezzanine_456.png

On 2/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, fantastic_four said:

Plus it's baked into the concept of the animal he's named after since wolverines are small but fierce.  Honey badgers are more fierce, but Hulk vs. Honey Badger doesn't ring as quite as bad-arse of a fight.  :insane:

mezzanine_456.png

Holy lost fingers, Batman!  Who would let their kid get that close to that critter?

So who still has their Logan 1974 postcards?

LOGAN Postcards for #OneLastTime Campaign Have Gone Out!

A couple weeks ago it was announced that Fox Studios was doing a pretty unique marketing campaign for their upcoming Marvel film, Logan. The film purports to be the very last time Hugh Jackman will ever take up the claws of everyone’s favorite berserking mutant, Wolverine. He’s been in the X-Men franchise since 2000. Babies born when he first took on the role can now drive cars. So, yeah, he’s done the role for long enough.

The marketing campaign was called 1974 Frames of Logan. The idea behind it is that 1,974 people signed up for the campaign and Fox sent out that many postcards, one unique card to each of the people that signed up. Each one of those postcards is a single frame from the next feature trailer to be put up for the film, which hits theaters on March 7th.

The frames have started to go out and people are posting them now. We already know that director James Mangold and actor Hugh Jackman got there’s, but a couple more have been posted to a Reddit thread — 1974 Frames of Logan.

The trailer is now rumored to be released this Thursday, so we won’t have to wait too long to see even more Wolverine in R-rated bloody action. Until then, expect to see a flurry of these postcards ending up all over social media. We ourselves have one coming to us and cannot wait to see what it is!

Only 1974 of these were made as part of the 1974 Frames of Logan marketing campaign, each one depicting one frame of the final trailer for the movie.  Director James Mangold had frame #1, and Hugh Jackman had frame #1974.