• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

I was always going to see this movie so have deliberately been avoiding lots of information about it so I can see it fresh and without a lot of buildup.  That said, early reviews being so favorable really has me riding high on the hype train.  I'm casting off my cautious optimism and turning full-fledged fanboy. :headbang:

Edited by MadripoorNights

21 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Incredible critical response.  It's still likely to dip down to 90% once more of the mainstream reviews come in, but who cares.  Sounds like this one's a winner.  :cloud9:

Amen to that! But it sounds like from the Berlin press conference part of the 'blame' goes to the producers. James Mangold made a comment about how they kept the studio from forcing them to follow the X-Men mold.

Lauren Shuler Donner, the mother of all these productions since she championed buying the X-Men rights after the success of the animated TV show by Fox, has to really listen hard to this. With the other movies that deviated from the original design - X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Deadpool they hit home runs. They have to get their act together, in keeping this going with New Mutants, Deadpool 2 and X-Force.

They tried back in 2012 by putting Mark Millar in charge of the Fox superhero film line. But it feels like it was a king with no castle. Just a title, and a recognizable name.

Going into release week, the production budget news is this film supposedly cost only $7MM more than The Wolverine.

HuThmls.png

Could this end up being another double-digit revenue ratio for Fox due to the extremely low budget on what appears to be a very interesting film?

22 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Current X-23 Wolverine Writer Reviews Logan

yGPC2QW.jpg

Wow! That's better than when comic book writer or artist come back screaming and kicking out of disappointment. This movie just seems to sound better and better.

Going to see this next weekend with a bunch of friends. Really looking forward to this one. :wishluck:

I saw it last night. To say I enjoyed it would be like saying I 'enjoyed' Leaving Las Vegas, but OK yes I enjoyed it. Sombre and sad. Prof X and Logan are very well played. X-23 has two jobs for 90% of the film: sullen and feral.

There seems to be a message in there about recognising and appreciating those little islands of happiness and meaning in an otherwise bleak and futile existence.

4 minutes ago, He11blazer said:

What's up with my custom title? That's a mess.

The <br>s are shivers.  Architecht is apparently chilled by the tone of your posts.  :blush:

I just came home from seeing it, and I'm having a hard time putting names to all that I feel. Almost a bit shaken. This is a movie that deserves to be recognised by the academy if any, toss oscars at it for f-s sake!

The hype is underplaying it, this movie is even better!