• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Just got back, and that movie was OUTSTANDING!

Heck...

Reveal hidden contents

When X-23 turned the cross on Logan's grave into an 'X' some guy busted out crying.

Wait a minute. I think that was behind me.

hm

:blush:

In regards to your "hidden contents" comment, I felt that part of the scene was such a simple, yet most effective moments of the entire film. 

The only thing i wish they did

Spoiler

Was have one or two of the X-Men show up at the end from Eden at the funeral to meet the kids and say goodbye to Logan. Maybe an older Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Iceman or even Storm/Jean/Cyclops. It would have turned a sad ending into something bitter-sweet as It's impied they take the kids and start the next generation of X-Men.

Edited by Anfield Fox

I saw the film last night and I really, really enjoyed it. My one quibble...

Spoiler

I wish that X-24 was a clone/"jacked up" Sabretooth instead of a clone of Logan. I still think it would have had the emotional resonance  and tied in with the rest of the franchise.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I enjoyed the movie for what it was the end of a long ride. The ending for me had me in tears. The ending scene was such a nice touch to movie. Xavier adds such a nice touch to the film.

This movie isn't perfect and while I disagree with them not taking more from "Old Man Logan" this movie really tries to give the movie goer an excellent while tragic experience viewing the movie.

It isn't the "Oscar potential" the reviewers have us believe, but an honest attempt by the director and actor to do Wolverine right in the end. I think they accomplished that job well. It just sucks to watch end of my childhood hero regardless.(Wolverine that is not Jackman himself.)

And there is no trailer at the end.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I enjoyed the movie for what it was the end of a long ride. The ending for me had me in tears. The ending scene was such a nice touch to movie. Xavier adds such a nice touch to the film.

This movie isn't perfect and while I disagree with them not taking more from "Old Man Logan" this movie really tries to give the movie goer an excellent while tragic experience viewing the movie.

It isn't the "Oscar potential" the reviewers have us believe, but an honest attempt by the director and actor to do Wolverine right in the end. I think they accomplished that job well. It just sucks to watch end of my childhood hero regardless.(Wolverine that is not Jackman himself.)

Because of the subject matter, it would never win an Oscar, but I think Jackman did well enough to be nominated for Best Actor. He won't though due to Academy bias towards comic book movies. Ive never seen him so good in a movie though. Overall, loved the acting by all in this. 

Craig Kyle did a signing today at ECCC and I talked to him about the movie. He said he LOVED it. Said he was going to go see it again tonight. Would be cool to sit next to the guy who created X-23 during the movie. He wanted to see fans reactions.

15 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Because of the subject matter, it would never win an Oscar, but I think Jackman did well enough to be nominated for Best Actor. He won't though due to Academy bias towards comic book movies. Ive never seen him so good in a movie though. Overall, loved the acting by all in this. 

I agree I was talking about Best Picture. I could see Jackman getting a nomination as his character goes thru hell in this movie. Would they give it to him after playing the character so long? I think that works in his favor not against him. Its early in the year though.

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am so excited to see this movie on Blu Ray.

I love westerns ("Two Mules for Sister Sara, The Good, Bad and The Ugly.") But, I love darker ones even more ("High Plains Drifter," "Unforgiven" and "Pale Rider.")

If you want to see Wolverine/Jackman in one more brief role at FOX, get "Me, Earl and the Dead Girl" (I think that is the title.) He has an amusing cameo as Wolverine trying to tough up the lead character. It has the wonderful Olivia Cooke from "Bates Motel" as the titular "Dead Girl."

6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree I was talking about Best Picture. I could see Jackman getting a nomination as his character goes thru hell in this movie. Would they give it to him after playing the character so long? I think that works in his favor not against him. Its early in the year though.

Normally, I wouldn't think it would even be possible but...

Sylvester Stallone in "Creed" comes to mind.

and...

"Silence of the Lambs" (1991) had to wait a year to sweep the major Oscars at the Academy Awards in (1992.) Some people will say that was different because it was a prestigious movie to begin with. But, it was a horror/thriller (how many of those win? Jaws? Nope,) the second film made from a Thomas Harris novel was, a replaced Lector actor and directed by a guy whose last movie was "Married to the Mob."

One of the many incredible scenes in this movie that blew me away...

Spoiler

...the hotel hallway scene which was hinted at in the trailers (though it wasn't clear why Logan was so blurred when popping his claws).

That Reaver is stuck in the doorway, under the mind-control of Professor Xavier. Just imagine being that person, and you see this nightmare clawing his way up the hallway towards you. And you can't even move a finger as he comes toward you.

:o

BOX OFFICE: ‘Logan’ Shreds $80M+ Debut for Jackman/Stewart Finale

Saturday Update: Fox and James Mangold’s Logan smashed into theaters with an opening day of $33 million. That bests the most recent live action comic book tentpole opening — Doctor Strange‘s $32.6 million — while also topping X-Men: Apocalypse ($26.3 million) by 25.5 percent. Even more impressive is the fact that Logan did so without the aid of 3D prices like the two aforementioned films. For the film’s lead character himself, Hugh Jackman’s swan song turned in a 60 percent higher opening day than 2013’s The Wolverine ($20.656 million).

Adding to the fantastic start is remarkably strong reception for Logan. Critics have given it a 94 percent on Rotten Tomatoes as of this morning, while Flixster audiences currently stand at an impressive 95 percent — their highest “day after release” score of any wide release since Zootopia (95 percent) exactly one year ago this weekend. John Wick: Chapter 2 previously came the closest with 94 percent, followed by Hidden Figures‘ 93 percent.

For the weekend, it seems reasonable to expect some usual superhero front-loading… although this isn’t your typical superhero film. For now, we’re projecting close to an $82.5 million weekend based on the trends of Friday’s performance. That would place it pretty close to our expectations in the months leading up to release, and notably ahead of the studio’s mid-60s projection earlier this week.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Since they can nominate up to 10 movies in Best Picture, it would be nice to give it a nomination. The Oscars ratings are lower and lower because of the movies they nominate. If you look back at the years where they had higher ratings it was because of some mainstream movies being nominated. Not saying they should nominate purely because of ratings, but they need to get past their hangups with certain types of movies.

Edited by kevhtx