• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Went to church today and actually discussed the positive message that Logan has. It made for an interesting sunday school discussion. 

Edited by Darkowl

I think Patrick Stewart should be considered for best supporting actor. Golden Globe or Oscar doesn't matter to me but I think he is worthy of a nomination.

That movie was incredible. There isn't much more to say.

On 3/4/2017 at 0:19 PM, fmaz said:

Me, wife and HS son saw this morning and all loved it! 

Those calling it "dark and depressing" are missing the point, I think. This was a modern Western.  It was  violent, emotional and certainly sad, but leading to a classic story of redemption.

+1000 just saw it a second time and it's even better than I thought it was :applause:

On 3/4/2017 at 4:26 PM, Anfield Fox said:

The only thing i wish they did

Reveal hidden contents

Was have one or two of the X-Men show up at the end from Eden at the funeral to meet the kids and say goodbye to Logan. Maybe an older Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Iceman or even Storm/Jean/Cyclops. It would have turned a sad ending into something bitter-sweet as It's impied they take the kids and start the next generation of X-Men.

That would have been awesome, my wife and daughter were in tears at the end

The greatest comic book movie. Ever. I shed a tear the second time I watched it.  My daughter was a blubbering mess.  The use of violence and his journey as Wolverine - all of it came full circle.  Jackman and for sure Sir Patrick deserve Oscar nods.  And X-23 was worth watching again - the actress has a great future.

Edited by mndb369

what a great movie the best wolverine movie to date and I think my favorite X-Men movie. plus the movie had me twice;

giphy.gif

the only thing I wish it had was a better villain/s(all 3 of them).

Great Western movie. Superior acting from young girl Keen/X-23, her language and acrobatic skills. Reminded me of Star Wars: the Force Awakens in that the very last scene was very memorable and emotional. Guess they were trying to cross North Dakota border 

Spoiler

unprotected border (?)

into the Canadian prairies?

Great movie! Uber violet and dark. Some humor would have been nice, but there were only slight peeks of it. Not one I will see again in the theater. Will wait until it hits HBO to watch again.

One thing I would have maybe changed? SPOILER ALERT BELOW!

Rather than have a Logan clone attack and try to kill Wolverine and the kids, it would have been cool to see a mindless Magneto....surely they have his DNA somewhere.

Also, I love how Deadpool and Superman can be impaled and come back, but Wolverine can't? Come on Martha....

Edited by AnkurJ

11 hours ago, dpiercy said:

I am obsessed w/this movie now and plan to see it at least one more time. Dafne Keen was sooooooo good.

She out-Wolverine'd Wolverine with the brooding faces and fierce scowls while sinking her claws into dudes.  Don't want to encounter this tyke in a dark alley.  :fear:

logan-director-james-mangold-wants-to-ma

Yea, I'm stuck thinking about X-23.  And whether or not I hate the film's idea that Wolverine's adamantium was poisoning him.  I don't think I like that idea.

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea, I'm stuck thinking about X-23.  And whether or not I hate the film's idea that Wolverine's adamantium was poisoning him.  I don't think I like that idea.

It does make sense, though. Logan's failing healing power added so much tension and drama.

I suppose it's fine for a one-off where he dies at the end, but the idea that the thing that makes him so cool also makes his healing factor weaker makes the character a bummer.

Did the comic explain why Wolverine was aging after they had previously established him as nearly immortal?

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Did the comic explain why Wolverine was aging after they had previously established him as nearly immortal?

Not really, they just leave it to the imagination, that after hundreds of years, he does actually age, albeit much slower than regular people. I find this much more realistic than Wolverine being truly immortal, like a vampire or something.