• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

The guy sitting next to me had his 5-6 yo son with him. They left half way through. Not sure if it was because of that, but if so, he should have done his research beforehand.

Exactly. Not for kids. This isn't a Marvel popcorn movie.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

20 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Exactly. Not for kids. This isn't a Marvel popcorn movie.

Definitely not.  I loved the movie but this had endless F-Bombs. It was weird to hear  Professor X  talk smack.  Trying to jump on the Deadpool bandwagon perhaps a little too much

22 hours ago, Darkowl said:

I know what you mean. It's been on my mind ever since I saw it last Friday. I almost broke into tears again just thinking about one scene in particular. I don't cry at movies, and it's rare when a film sticks with me for this long. This film has permanently changed my perspective towards the X-Men. 

Exactly.  Logan and Deadpool have reignited my passion for X-Men again.  I had forgoten how cool and interesting these mutant X-Men characters are. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Wow! Just Wow!

The best super hero movie ever!

That`s all that needs to be said.

This will go down as the peak of superhero movie making.

This is our Casablanca or Citizen Kane.

I tip my hat to Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and director James Mangold.

(worship)

^ This+

One of the most throughly  entertaining "comic book" movies to date.

NAILED   IT !!

i guess it was better than the first two Wolverine movies (since i couldn't be bothered to see those).  The best thing was that it didn't feel like a "comic book" movie.  The violence was over the top and the third act dragged out.  I had no emotional connection with these characters; still, was solidly done. 7 out of 10

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Why can't Logan be my uber driver?

I'd be worried about getting caught in the crossfire of some Mutant attack. :jaws:

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Darkowl said:

I know what you mean. It's been on my mind ever since I saw it last Friday. I almost broke into tears again just thinking about one scene in particular. I don't cry at movies, and it's rare when a film sticks with me for this long. This film has permanently changed my perspective towards the X-Men. 

I know the scene you are talking about and I think any true X-men fan had to tear up in I know I did.

What this movie does show is finally they can get the X-men right. Granted it was only Logan, but they really put a lot of effort into it and it showed. I look forward to movies moving ahead.

Really it isn't very difficult to get the themes of what make the X-men so good and tragic at the same times many just don't want to take the time to tell the story right. If they do that fans will break down the door to see it because its what we all want to see. 

Marvel just doesn't want to make the effort anymore because they are busy shoving the Inhumans down our throat instead of introducing them slowly.(Oh yeah and they sold the rights to X-men.) Marvel=insufficiently_thoughtful_persons

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I know the scene you are talking about and I think any true X-men fan had to tear up in I know I did.

What this movie does show is finally they can get the X-men right. Granted it was only Logan, but they really put a lot of effort into it and it showed. I look forward to movies moving ahead.

Really it isn't very difficult to get the themes of what make the X-men so good and tragic at the same times many just don't want to take the time to tell the story right. If they do that fans will break down the door to see it because its what we all want to see. 

Marvel just doesn't want to make the effort anymore because they are busy shoving the Inhumans down our throat instead of introducing them slowly.(Oh yeah and they sold the rights to X-men.) Marvel=insufficiently_thoughtful_persons

An incredible movie that is really hitting people emotionally. So the positive from Marvel's previous actions is we have this masterpiece to celebrate.

:foryou:

Releasing a one-of-a-kind treasure from my collection...

Just listed a screen worn costume piece worn by Patrick Stewart from X-Men (2000) first worn in the scene in his office where he meets Logan.  I picked it up from 20th Century Fox after the first X-Men movie, figured Logan would be a fitting ending to let it go...

Have no idea the value so I listed it as a five day no-reserve auction starting at a penny...

If anyone is interested...check it out!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/122387475104

xmen 1.jpg

xmen 2.jpg

xmen 3.jpg

xmen 4.png

xmen 5.jpg

xmen 6.png

xmen 7.png

xmen 8.png

xmen 9.png

Wow! I need to go find some tissues.

How Yukio's prediction in 'The Wolverine' leads to Logan's ending

In 'The Wolverine', Yukio, who has the mutant ability to see the death of anyone, becomes alarmed halfway through the movie when she sees Logan's death, describing it as him being "On his back, there's blood everywhere, holding his heart in his hand". In the movie it is played up that he may die when he performs open heart surgery on himself to remove the little robot that is restricting his powers from working properly. But then he doesn't die (Or at least dies for a second and then is resuscitated by his healing factor). Turns out Yukio was wrong.

Or was she?

In Logan, he dies lying on his back. There's blood everywhere (Like, LOTS), and he is holding X-23's hand. Even if it isn't what Yukio in-canon saw, it is incredibly poetic. X-23 is Logan's heart. She made him care again. He died holding his heart in his hand.

"It's still beating."