• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

They were good,but nothing will beat Logan for me.

It truly is a spectacular movie! What a way for Hugh Jackman to retire his time with the character.

12 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This and Deadpool are my all-time favorite Marvel movies. They supplement each other quite well. One serious and one not so serious.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Blasphemy! The Marvel fanboys will be out in full force for you not picking Winter Soldier or Civil War as your favorites! 

Shows quite a wide range of appreciation for comic book movies.

I'm the same.  I prefer variety.

LOGAN Becomes The First DVD Screener To Be Sent Out To Academy Voters - Fox Is Pushing For That Oscar

Deadline reports that the studio sent out the "for your considerations" DVD screeners to Academy voters today. Apparently, this is the very first time Fox has been first in the race to get the all-important Oscars screeners out to mailboxes.

It is rare enough to see a March release get nominated for Best Picture, but both Erin Brockovich and The Grand Budapest Hotel are the more recent movies that did manage it.

In addition to a Best Picture nod, it'd be great to see Hugh Jackman get some recognition for his terrific bow as the iconic character. Of course, best Supporting Actor nods for Patrick Stewart and Dafne Keen and Best Director for Mangold would also be ideal.

:wishluck:

Just noticed last night that "Logan" is on netflix Canada. Wife said no way to it last night but she's working an afternoon/night shift right now so yeah me!

Just pausing for a washroom break and quick post.

So far its really good!

I felt like clapping in the opening scene when he sliced up the baddies. Finally a graphic marvel movie, besides Deadpool? I think thats the only other one. I'm not always for senseless killing etc in movies and glorified shooting scenes but this just feels right. lol 

Just got to the part where X23 is about to take out a lot of people...

On 3/16/2017 at 2:33 PM, Darkowl said:

Logan isnt a perfect film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still an incredible movie, and is much better than most of the comic book garbage that's been released. It obviously hit home for the majority of Wolverine fans, and deserves the credit and acknowledgment its received. The best thing Logan did (and Deadpool for that matter) was raise the bar for superhero movies to come. We're going to see a major change in how these movies are made from here on out. 

Logan was phenomenal.

Enjoyed it from start to finish.

DC take note, this is what a good Superhero movie is like.

LOGAN Is One Of The National Board Of Review's Best Films Of 2017 - Is A Best Picture Nomination Within Reach?

The National Board of Review's best of 2017 list was unvealed earlier this week, with much of the fanfare going to Steven Spielberg's The Post, but the one outlier of the bunch was Logan. Who knew a film released so early in the year would be so well remembered by voters in the midst of Oscar season?

The film definitely deserves the attention with class performances by Jackman and Stewart. If Logan keeps appearing on major critic circle compilations, could we see a Best Picture nomination on the horizon. This is the first indicator that Logan may actually be a big player in the platform. 

Keep it up Fox, if you can do it with Deadpool, you can definitely do some good with Logan.

The list is as follows: TOP 10 MOVIES

1. Baby Driver
  2. Call Me By Your Name
  3. The Disaster Artist
  4. Downsizing
  5. Dunkirk
  6. The Florida Project
  7. Get Out
  8. Lady Bird
  9. Logan
  10. Phantom Thread

51 minutes ago, kdoginohio said:

if his claws are natural/bone, then how do they go "snikt"?

Because once they coated his bones with Adamantium - including the bone chambers his claws extend and retract from - you had metal-on-metal afterwards?

(shrug)

I just saw this POS on Cable....I must be a masochist, but I was bored.

I can only imagine so many people liked it because they got to see Wolverine slash people apart grindhouse style or because they got to see Prof X use the F word.

Adamantium poisoning? :facepalm:

If it wasn't so boring and terrible I would've found it almost funny.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Worse than the Charles Soule “Death of Wolverine” fiasco?  I’ve refused to see Logan altogether.

I've never read that so I don't know.

I didn't like the first two Wolverine movies especially, but at least they didn't put me to sleep and both had a couple of things going for them.

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I've never read that so I don't know.

I didn't like the first two Wolverine movies especially, but at least they didn't put me to sleep and both had a couple of things going for them.

Man we suck at this...

Agree on the other two.  Origins was atrocious, but I did enjoy The Wolverine right up until he decided to ride his motorcycle straight up to the front door of Castle Yashida.  All down hill from there.

11 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Man we suck at this...

Agree on the other two.  Origins was atrocious, but I did enjoy The Wolverine right up until he decided to ride his motorcycle straight up to the front door of Castle Yashida.  All down hill from there.

I liked the tone Liev Schreiber played Sabretooth with and I liked Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson.

The only thing I liked about the second movie was some of the action scenes.

1 minute ago, Darkowl said:

Thats exactly why. :facepalm:

I'm not sure what else it could be? The terrible story, the stupidity of it all?

I figure the swearing and extreme violence register as "adult" which makes it way kewler than the average, silly superhero movie (shrug)

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I'm not sure what else it could be? The terrible story, the stupidity of it all?

I figure the swearing and extreme violence register as "adult" which makes it way kewler than the average, silly superhero movie (shrug)

This is where I just ignore everything you say about Logan. lol