• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Why Hugh Jackman Is Walking Away From Wolverine

"It just felt like it was the right time to do it. And let’s be honest, 17 years. I never thought in a million years it would last, so I’m so grateful to the fans for the opportunity of playing it. … I kind of have in my head what we’re going to do in this last one. It just feels like this is the perfect way to go out."

Hugh Jackman Talks WOLVERINE 3, Retirement, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, & Teases DEADPOOL Cameo

At the recent premiere of Jackman's documentary Dukale's Dream, the Huffington Post caught up with the Academy Award-nominated actor and managed to squeeze in a question about whether or not he could speak on the Deadpool cameo rumor. Jackman coyly replied:

"Hmmm, I can't ... no. Nope," Jackman mumbled under his lips while giving off a sweet smile. "But, I am really good mates with [Reynolds] so ..."

As for the James Mangold-directed Wolverine 3, Jackman is more than excited to get started on what will be his final adventure:

"Weirdly, I'm really excited about shooting it. I feel great enthusiasm, I suppose it's denial -- like the football player who announces their retirement before their last season -- and so I'm really looking forward to it. But, I know it's not over yet! I still got a lot of 4 o'clock mornings and a hell of a lot of egg white omelettes and steamed chicken to have, and all of that.

I feel very blessed that I loved playing this part, the last 'Wolverine' and that last 'X-Men' ['Days of Future Past'] were maybe two of the best and I feel like, hopefully, we'll do it again with this last one."

Am I the only one that is ecstatic that Jackman will be done playing Wolverine after this movie? I was hoping he would have been axed for the DOFP movie. He is and has always been completely wrong for the part.

I hear the next Wolverine will be more like the real, comic book version. Shorter, meaner, stockier, and more feral.

That would be a great way to get audiences to forget this 6'1", genteel, Abercrombie and Fitch model- version of "Wolverine" nonsense that has been Hugh Jackman thus far.

-J.

Am I the only one that is ecstatic that Jackman will be done playing Wolverine after this movie? I was hoping he would have been axed for the DOFP movie. He is and has always been completely wrong for the part.

I hear the next Wolverine will be more like the real, comic book version. Shorter, meaner, stockier, and more feral.

That would be a great way to get audiences to forget this 6'1", genteel, Abercrombie and Fitch model- version of "Wolverine" nonsense that has been Hugh Jackman thus far.

-J.

220px-RheaPerlmanAug2011.jpg

-J.

220px-RheaPerlmanAug2011.jpg

lol

Not hairy enough. And still too tall!

(Right amount of "dooooshbag" though)

-J.

-J.

Oh dear lord me too... Soooo glad.

Hugh Jackman Hints at "Old Man Logan" for Wolverine 3

The actor talked about the long journey of playing Wolverine since the first X-Men film, then teased that the third Wolverine solo movie, which he has said will be his last in the role, could have a very familiar story to comic book fans.

"I've got three words for you guys: Old Man Logan," the actor said definitively. "As I promised, this next time is my last time putting on the claws, it's one last time," he said as an image of him as Wolverine with just the middle claw extended (a la flipping the bird) was shown behind him.