• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Amazing how this movie came out in March,and we can download it on Amazon two months later.

The movie game has really changed quick.

With the turnaround being so quick I wonder if this will affect future box office results. I know myself I am going to be much more inclined to wait now to watch it on the HD screen.

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Amazing how this movie came out in March,and we can download it on Amazon two months later.

The movie game has really changed quick.

With the turnaround being so quick I wonder if this will affect future box office results. I know myself I am going to be much more inclined to wait now to watch it on the HD screen.

Yup. Picking it up Tuesday for a Friday Night viewing myself.

It's why I don't get too excited with movies in theaters anymore. I less harsh with them (well, maybe not all of them, lol ) when I view them at home with no distractions too.

Its a good sales strategy though. Releasing now maximizes sales for summer travel (iTunes downloads, Hotel, VOD and so on) and doesn't compete in theaters with summer blockbusters. I think their strategy for Logan has been spot on. No flaws imo.

Edited by kevhtx

Picked up the Digital HD of Logan, which includes the Black & White 'Logan Noir' and all the features and deleted scenes.

In watching Logan Noir, it is fantastic in B&W format. It really works quite well along with the Western theme of the movie. I wonder if they should have gone with this in the release to add even more of a unique experience.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Picked up the Digital HD of Logan, which includes the Black & White 'Logan Noir' and all the features and deleted scenes.

In watching Logan Noir, it is fantastic in B&W format. It really works quite well along with the Western theme of the movie. I wonder if they should have gone with this in the release to add even more of a unique experience.

Nah.  Special theater showings and Blu-Ray extras are nice, but I'm not sure B&W would have the mass appeal they're shooting for.  I'm glad it's there, but using full color for the wide release was the right call in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Nah.  Special theater showings and Blu-Ray extras are nice, but I'm not sure B&W would have the mass appeal they're shooting for.  I'm glad it's there, but using full color for the wide release was the right call in my opinion. 

Probably. But the B&W version just seems to fit so nicely with the story. Especially with the outdoor, sunny shots. It makes the scenes seem to jump out. A nice touch!

Maybe it was because I just watched Touch of Evil, Fourteen Hours (Grace Kelly's first role) and Pale Rider, but I was ready to take this film in.

The was just the right amount of moral conflict for the leading characters to qualify as a neo-noir type film/western.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this was a great film. While it's not totally up the highest standards of modern film noir type films like for instance, The Grifters, yet it achieves a unique tone that separates from the rest of the X franchise. It practically renders them superficial now.

After the dumb X-Men: Apocalypse, I wouldn't have dreamed it possible that a third Wolverine movie would be considered in the top 5 funnybook movies ever made.

The only bad thing was that it felt a half an hour too long.

It's not Unforgiven, but it's not the first Wolverine either.

A few days later I still find this film haunting.

Despite the built-in Wolverine movie cliché (any family who takes him in will have a 100% mortality rate,) the fact the mutant kids didn't make a stand at Eden and being a half an hour too long, I still love this movie.

It's not going to get nominated for any gold statues, but we don't get too many excellent funnybook movies often (2008 "The Dark Knight," 2014? "Guardians of the Galaxy".)

I cannot wait to rewatch this as it's a real problem for the rest of the franchise to live up to now. Deadpool was wicked fun and might sustain that energy for the sequel. I doubt another X-Men movie will ever come close to Logan for a few years at least.

Finally watched it for the first time over the weekend.  Good movie. Probably the best of the Xmen movies (although I really liked First Class and think that, surprisingly, Xmen 1 holds up pretty well).  Even though I was aware that it was super violent...Man!  Was that movie super violent!!!  He must've killed 100 people. 

Easily the best of the "Wolverine" movies.  Not even close there.   But I wouldn't put it in my personal list of best comic book movies.  The Dark Knight is certainly superior to it.   The Avengers (the first one) is still my all time favorite.  I think Winter Soldier and Deadpool were better. 

All in all, an enjoyable movie.  I'd probably watch it again.  Certainly much better than the snoozer that was Dr. Strange.

A general complaint (which seems to be pretty typical of me with regards to comic book movies) - Too Long!!!! 

18 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

A few days later I still find this film haunting.

Despite the built-in Wolverine movie cliché (any family who takes him in will have a 100% mortality rate,) the fact the mutant kids didn't make a stand at Eden and being a half an hour too long, I still love this movie.

It's not going to get nominated for any gold statues, but we don't get too many excellent funnybook movies often (2008 "The Dark Knight," 2014? "Guardians of the Galaxy".)

I cannot wait to rewatch this as it's a real problem for the rest of the franchise to live up to now. Deadpool was wicked fun and might sustain that energy for the sequel. I doubt another X-Men movie will ever come close to Logan for a few years at least.

I agree, it will be hard for any other xmen movies to match.  It probably suits them well that this was the last wolverine, to not invite any other direct comparisons.

I think with all comic movies out there, it makes sense to stop just doing 'comic movies' as a genre, and move into genre movies that happen to have comic characters.  I think we saw that with deadpool and wolverine, and maybe GOTG and Winter Soldier (which were great!) to a lesser degree.  I think I'd rather see New Mutants as a teen comedy/light romance then a threat to universal existence (like a breakfast club or she's all that or something for mutants, or pineapple express).  Or if they wanted to get even more serious about themes, I think they could do a X-men movie in the vein of American History X.  Maybe a young Bishop or young cable or Rachel Summers movie that takes place ENTIRELY in the future or FAR Future.  And of course, there's many opportunities for horror movies (especially with DC).  And why can't there be a Punisher movie that captures whatever 'Taken' tapped in to (probably too late now that he's got Netflix), but they could probably do that eventually for a Grayson or Jason Todd movie (or even a Joker origin)

STRANGER THINGS' Millie Bobby Brown Reveals That She Auditioned For X-23

151478.jpg

Did Hugh Jackman, James Mangold and 20th Century Fox drop the ball with the casting of Dafne Keen as X-23 in Logan?  The majority consensus on that topic would certainly be a resounding 'No'! But would Stranger Things breakout star Millie Bobby Brown have brought something different to the role?  She certainly has greater audience recognition, as Keen was virtually unknown before brandishing her claws.

Brown tells Variety that she really wanted the role but was very pleased with how Keen performed. Although she obviously didn't get the part, just auditioning in front of Jackman and Mangold made her feel as if she'd 'arrived'.  "I was like, ‘It’s going to be amazing, I’m going to really prepare,’ and I sat in my room reading the lines.  Honestly, for me, I felt so — I felt like an actor, in the audition room, hitting Hugh Jackman, and James Mangold sitting right in front of me."

I just watched it on Blu-ray.

Under all the explicit violence, an excellent story.  

The best X-Men film.

Very moving.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/11/2017 at 9:12 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I just watched it on Blu-ray.

Under all the explicit violence, an excellent story.  

The best X-Men film.

Very moving.

This and Deadpool are my all-time favorite Marvel movies. They supplement each other quite well. One serious and one not so serious.

8 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This and Deadpool are my all-time favorite Marvel movies. They supplement each other quite well. One serious and one not so serious.

Blasphemy! The Marvel fanboys will be out in full force for you not picking Winter Soldier or Civil War as your favorites!