• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

That link is 3 months old, the latest update indicates W 3 will be a (loose) adaptation of OML.

The Weapon X storyline started getting hinted at 3 months ago, and it was posted here.

:foryou:

Weapon X hints?

Possible Wolverine 3 Title Has Been Registered By Fox

wolverine-weaponx-182601.png

Rumors that the next sequel to The Wolverine will be titled Wolverine: Weapon X, or just Weapon X, have been given a huge shot in the arm this weekend with the revelation that 20th Century Fox has apparently registered the domain WolverineWeaponX.com.

This comes on the heels of X-Men: Apocalypse, in which Hugh Jackman's Wolverine appeared briefly, sporting his Weapon X...ahh...outfit? I'm not sure what to call that thing. Anyway, the diaper, helmet, and tubes ensemble that appeared in a Marvel Comics Presents storyline that featured Wolverine's Weapon X backstory.

rV9TJcH.png

My apologies, gentlemen :foryou:

The link I posted is indeedily-doodily 7 months old.

I pulled that link from a link that was dated today, "3 hours ago".Now, I can't find that original link...maybe I read it wrong and/or no such link exists. doh!

Looking past my super overzealous, previous post...based on what I've read and seen (ripe for a Trump joke,I'll admit btw) I still believe that Wolverine 3 will be loosely based on OML.I am well aware of the Weapon X domain registration and all of the discussion on this board about that.Seems to me that the Weapon X angle will be used more as a plot device to introduce X-23 via Sinisters' lab.I get the feeling there will be a story sequence...like a memory from Wolverine , showcasing the Weapon X program and summarizing up the lot of it in such a 1-2 minute flashback sequence.

I also don't think that a domain named "OldManLogan.com" has the same mass marketing pop to it as "WeaponX.com".

Hell, I could be totally wrong, as well....

Hugh Jackman Gave Director Bryan Singer The Coolest X-Men Thank You Gift Ever

Jackman presented Bryan Singer, the X-Men franchise director who directed Jackman’s debut outing as Wolverine in 2000’s X-Men, with an incredible parting gift: a set of a custom The Uncanny X-Men comic book covers featuring Jackman as Wolverine and Singer as Professor X.

The covers are drawn Marvel Comics CCO Joe Quesada. The full cover version is labeled the “third and final issue,” likely in honor Singer’s third and final Wolverine movie.

hV8qHb7.png

NV4V1Y1.png

The black and white version features a handwritten note from Jackman that reads:

“Dear Bryan,

It all started with you, bub! 1999-2016! From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Love Hugh.”

Hugh Jackman Teases Very Different Wolverine, Something Coming Soon

wolverine-181583.jpg

In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, Wolverine actor Hugh Jackman was asked about the franchise's third installment. After confirming that the film had already moved to the editing room, Jackman offered a little insight as to when we will be seeing something regarding the project.

"There's gonna be some stuff coming out in the next week or so. That's all I'll say."

When asked what else he could share, he let us know that this Wolverine will be a little different than the others.

"Basically, it's going to be very different. Very different in tone, hopefully different to anything weve done."

What Does The Wolverine 3 Title Mean?

Mangold says that the film will be more realistic - if something would kill a person in real life, it will in the movie, too. That extends slightly even to the hero of the film, thanks to his confirmed older age.

"As for our hero, well, he’s older now and it’s clear his abilities aren’t what they once were," Mangold said, confirming the aged nature of Wolverine in the film for the first time. "He’s fading on the inside and his diminished healing factor keeps him in a constant state of chronic pain – hence booze as a painkiller."

"So by all means, go ahead and worry about him." Ominous, Mr. Mangold.

From The Wrap on Wolverine 3: Logan

We learned further details from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

I guess we can definitively say that X-23 is in the movie now.