• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC 20 Cent Cover Thread
1 1

275 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does just a bit the appeal of the 20-centers go away once the "Line of Super-Stars" copy gets added to the DC bullet at the upper left corner? hm

67286.jpg

And then drops even more when the "Still Only 20 cents" hype is added at the top right? (shrug)

67287.jpg

67288.jpg

Is it just me, or does just a bit the appeal of the 20-centers go away once the "Line of Super-Stars" copy gets added to the DC bullet at the upper left corner? hm

And then drops even more when the "Still Only 20 cents" hype is added at the top right? (shrug)

Kinda, especially when the price became crammed with the issue number and date into the disc. Is the "Still Only 20 cents" going for a sun or eclipse look? hm

RADBFFD2201077_11112_zpszfqgn9f3.jpg

Awesome thread. I have a copy of Batman 234 with the complete banner showing with space to spare. That was REALLY hard to find! This cover sports not only the whole 20 cent circle, but Lings complete left foot as well.

Edited by Randall Ries

These posts have inspired me to begin a list of keys and classic covers that feature the DC logo and and 20-cent cover price discs.

Classic Covers

Action Comics #419? (Neal Adams/partial photo cover)

Batman #251 (Neal Adams/Joker)

House of Secrets #105 (Skull/Grey Tone cover)

Keys

Adventure Comics #425 (New Look)

Adventure Comics #428 (Origin of Black Orchid)

Adventure Comics #431 (Spectre's return)

Swamp Thing #1

Issues of Note

Justice League of America #100 - Return of Seven Soldiers of Victory

Wonder Woman #203 - Women's Lib Issue

Wonder Woman #204 - Diana gains her powers back

First Issues

Demon #1

Kamandi, the Last Boy on Earth #1

OMAC #1

Plop #1

Prez #1

Rima, the Jungle Girl #1

Sandman #1 (Kirby)

Shadow #1

Shazam #1

Supergirl #1

Swamp Thing #1

Sword of Sorcery #1

Weird Mystery Tales #1

This is only the start of such a list, what am I missing?

Add these to the first issues list:

Black Magic 1

Boy Commandos 1

Champion Sports 1

Four Star Battle Tales 1

GI War Tales 1

Johnny Thunder 1

Laurel & Hardy 1

Legion Of SuperHeroes 1

Secret Origins 1

Strange Sports Stories 1

Trigger Twins 1

Weird Worlds 1

I can't think of any keys to add. Seems most of what would be a "key" came earlier in the decade.

No. I'm still good with that one.

Yeah, now it seems a little too busy to me. I've always liked the 20 cent period from DC. I enjoy the stories and the variety, though some of the titles seem a bit wacky in retrospect.