• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting full runs.
1 1

91 posts in this topic

5% of the weekly comic collectors.

I think variants and renumbering has chased a lot of them off.

And I can't blame them.

This.

This has put me off of worrying about new series runs. I mean, I still buy every issue of something like UXM but I don't care about the variants (though now that it's jumping BACK to the original numbering for 600, I'm going to be irritated & try to fill in the complete set.)

Full runs? Try collecting every comic Marvel released from 1-1959 to 12-1979. :sumo::headbang:

+1 or I should say I definitely agree with this

oh and good luck with this :whistle:

Frankie doesn't need luck,he's already got them. (worship)

Full runs? Try collecting every comic Marvel released from 1-1959 to 12-1979. :sumo::headbang:

+1 or I should say I definitely agree with this

oh and good luck with this :whistle:

Frankie doesn't need luck,he's already got them. (worship)

My man Dave! :foryou::hi:

Here is the 20 year list 1-1960 to 12-1979 of every comic Marvel released. Quite a few full runs in there. Been looking for my Doctor Strange #169 to post it in the clubs thread....and I can't find it....so maybe I don't have every issue released. :sick: But I remeber buying it....think I filed it wrong. Talk about finding a needle in the hay stack. :mad:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6715953&fpart=1

Yeah, it's a damn shame Marvel stopped publishing in 1979... :baiting:

I collect full runs. If I collect/read the series , I try to get the full run JLA, CLASSICS, FOUR COLOR

the list goes on and on. Guess that is why I have over 20000 books I my main collection

I collect full runs.

I just never seem to get there

Strange tales 1-100- not there yet

30 cent variants - not yet

35 cent variants - nope

ASM 1-700 - Not yet

Collecting is quite different than completing.

I neglected to mention my other "full run", which is every Windstorm Universe title published & all of the variants (including those still under the Image banner) and one-shots & everything. I am down to like 10 issues total to knock it out.