• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Valiant has been very quite since last Spring when announcements were made. I sure hope we get more news sometime soon :wishluck:

This one's fresh... 4001 A.D.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/29/huge-preview-for-valiants-the-summer-of-4001-a-d/

I think maybe film-wise.

Ah, no nothing new on that front. The director(s) for Bloodshot also directed John Wick, and I think John Wick 2 got pushed up, so Bloodshot might have moved back to accommodate.

On 3/9/2015 at 7:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

Great choice!

:applause:

Shadowman Vol. 1 #16 (1st Doctor Mirage) - I always enjoyed that short series.

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #19 (1st cameo of Armorines)

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #25 (1st full Armorines)

Bloodshot Vol. 1 #7 (1st Ninjak in costume)

You sure about Armorines?  I remember reading that 19 was not therm.

16 hours ago, MrWeen said:

You sure about Armorines?  I remember reading that 19 was not therm.

I think X-O #19 is more like a prelude, since we meet Zahn working on operation "Deep Freeze" (which fails in #19) and later find out it was part of The Armorines Project headed by Zahn.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

I think X-O #19 is more like a prelude, since we meet Zahn working on operation "Deep Freeze" (which fails in #19) and later find out it was part of The Armorines Project headed by Zahn.

Cool I wasn't sure.  Thanks

Hey guys,

I usually lurk but since I’m digging through old boxes I wanted to poke my head out and ask about something that’s been in the back of my noggin for years.

Back in the 90s, I bought Bloodshot #3 from my LCS.  Upon reading, I discovered parts of the contents were doubled.  Not double the page count. It seems the first two signatures (folded pages of a comic used when binding) were used consecutively.  In other words, you read the first half of the story then read those same pages again without the proper pages for the ending. Grades at 9.6 or 9.8.  It’s beautiful.

Has anyone else come across one like it?  I can find no reference to it online at all.  I also have a correctly bound copy.  Any info would be appreciated.

I also have Magnus 0 with two coupons bound in grading about 8.5 to 9.0 

Are these worth getting slabbed?

If this gets any interest, I’ll try to post pics.

Thanks!

Edited by Chalwa
Misspelling

There are collectors for oddities and error books, but it's pretty rare that they are going to pay more than $5 extra dollars.  For the Bloodshot #3, which is worth about $1 otherwise, it might be worth $5 to $10. There is always the possibility that a particular error catches someone's eye and they don't mind paying more... but generally speaking, the books which had the higher print runs (like Bloodshot #3) have lower premiums placed on errors.  It's the "sweet spot" combination of a "neat looking error" combined with a limited edition (lower print or higher normal value) book that creates a more exciting oddity.  Magnus #0 with two coupons is definitely neat, though it doesn't look any different from the outside, and Magnus #0 is a lower print book, but the 8.5 to 9.0 grading knocks it down to where it would have very little value if not for the two coupons.  As a result, that one also seems like a $10 book, possibly more since Magnus #0 does usually sell for more than $10 in near mint. 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:53 PM, William-James88 said:

We are now almost 7 years later and that is still nowhere to be found on the label.

The label is already pretty full.   I'm curious as to what most would like to see added to and removed from existing.

My copy purchased raw in my youth when originally on-sale, submitted a few years back.

Solar_10.thumb.jpg.3879bcdb937421462bb7b7ee640dcac4.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/17/2021 at 11:13 PM, MAR1979 said:

The label is already pretty full.   I'm curious as to what most would like to see added to and removed from existing.

My copy purchased raw in my youth when originally on-sale, submitted a few years back.

I don't see the added value of describing the insert in depth.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:00 AM, William-James88 said:

I don't see the added value of describing the insert in depth.

I agree especially given it's nothing more than a second story with the same lead character.

Put Smith's name with the other credits. Remove "16 page insert" mention and add "1st Eternal Warrior" and "1st Geoff Henry Geomancer" on the right. 

Of course CGC probably does not care what I think. I wrote to them a few times regarding wrong credits on Black Panther #14 (1979). They say it's "Jerry Bingham cover" which could not be further from the truth. The fact it's Bill Sienkiewicz's 1st published cover. Given Bill's status in comics it's a rather glaring error on CGC's part. Perhaps if enough people wrote them...?

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/17/2021 at 11:13 PM, MAR1979 said:

Wipe the label clean and put something that actually matters to people who aren't familiar with the book. Are people really paying a premium for BWS art noted on the label?