• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Even though X-O #0 have such a high print run, sometimes I find it hard not to pull them out from the cheap bins. That book was so well put together with an awesome cover and story to boot. It definitely brings back many memories when that book was first released. :cloud9:

Even though X-O #0 have such a high print run, sometimes I find it hard not to pull them out from the cheap bins. That book was so well put together with an awesome cover and story to boot. It definitely brings back many memories when that book was first released. :cloud9:

In the age of gimmick covers like a plastic "jewel" on the cover of a comic (Eclipso), there was something different about the world's first full chromium cover on X-O #0. It was a genuine "wow" in an industry that was purposefully trying to manufacture "wow" and failing a lot.

In the age of gimmick covers like a plastic "jewel" on the cover of a comic (Eclipso), there was something different about the world's first full chromium cover on X-O #0. It was a genuine "wow" in an industry that was purposefully trying to manufacture "wow" and failing a lot.

+1

I preferred the Ninjak chromium cover (#1?) to the X-O #0 cover, but the story in X-O #0 is much better. It is a book that stands the test of time very well - great story, good art, cool character. (thumbs u

Okay, so I know that discussion here is mainly about the Valiant comics of the '90s, but I have to say, for those of you who actually read the comics you buy, that the new Valiants books are some of the best that I've read. Certainly in the super-hero genre.

And, they have not been late shipping on a single new issue since the relaunch in 2012.

This is an established 3rd universe behind Marvel and DC. They have been ultra rock solid in their return. If they play their cards right with a little luck and a lot of energon they can increase their market share. I for one am wishing them the best!

Sorry, Im a little confused.. Are there 2 different books for A&A #8 & Eternal Warrior #8 - IE - one version with A&A in the front and the other with Eternal Warrior in the front? Or are they both with A&A8 in the front?

Hope this makes sense

Same book, just one.

You just flip it over to read the other book.

Sorry, Im a little confused.. Are there 2 different books for A&A #8 & Eternal Warrior #8 - IE - one version with A&A in the front and the other with Eternal Warrior in the front? Or are they both with A&A8 in the front?

Hope this makes sense

Same book, just one.

Thanks. But you cant really flip and read it from the back like traditional flip books. In other words, the front cover is always A&A #8

Hope this makes sense

Same book, just one.

Thanks. But you cant really flip and read it from the back like traditional flip books. In other words, the front cover is always A&A #8

That's true --- it's a wraparound cover, not a flipbook... but... lots of guys get a little freaked out when they flip through Eternal Warrior in a shortbox and there's a #8 missing.

So, quite a few of the Archer & Armstrong #8 (forward facing) books are bagged and boarded so that the Eternal Warrior #8 (back cover) shows.

Same book, but collectors probably bought two copies often so their two sets would be complete.