• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

It's interesting they mention the last issues being rare. That is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading through this thread. I bet the last 10 or so issues of each run had pretty small print runs and very few people were probably collecting them at that point. Most probably ended up getting dinged up in quarter bins. I'm not saying those last issues will surpass the more significant key issues in value, but they are definitely scarcer.

The final issues are definitely scarce, but I wouldn't advise reading them.

...if you value your sanity in any way.

The only one I did not mind was Magnus. The rest were horrid, though.

If I recall correctly, Bloodshot and Turok were the toughest ones to find.

What character do you guys think IS or represents Valiant?

DC Comics - Superman

Marvel Comics - Spider-Man

Valiant ___________?

Without Magnus I say it's got to be;

storywise: Eternal Warrior

Public face of Valiant: X-O Manowar

I'm very happy with all the buzz

I'm not. :frustrated:

So many books I've wanted for years and I kept holding off. Harbinger #1 9.8 dropped from $500 to $300 in the few years I've started collecting again. I should have pulled the trigger. There are a few books I really wanted since I was 14 years old and now I'll have to wait again or pay a premium. doh!

I just found 4 more copies of Rai #0 (9 copies total). I knew I had a bunch of those. lol

:headbang:

There's an amazing difference in the availability of pre-Unity (like Magnus #5, Harbinger #1, Solar #10)

and immediate post-Unity (particularly Harbinger #10, Rai #0, Shadowman #8).

It wasn't overnight... but in a window of maybe six months in 1992, the print runs tripled.

Then the 1993 books like Archer & Armstrong #8 and Bloodshot #6 just about tripled the print runs again.

I might need to make a chart. hm:grin:

valiantfirst_printruns.png

Anyone have any data like this with other non keys or semi-keys? I would like to see some books added, like Rai 1-5 and see how these stack up to printing. :wishluck:

Edited by 1p36DSA

is there a main character that has only appeared in the relaunched Valiant....just wondering if there's any 2012 stuff to grab ahold of.

Great question!

I'm interested in the answer too (since I haven't read any of the new stuff).

is there a main character that has only appeared in the relaunched Valiant....just wondering if there's any 2012 stuff to grab ahold of.

It's a little early to know who will be a main character less than 3 years into the relaunch, but...

Totally New Characters since Valiant 2012:

Bleeding Monk

Cronus

Darpan

Divinity

GIN-GR

Kay McHenry

A few of the old Valiant characters are so different, they're basically new:

Livewire

Dr. Mirage

Vine (formerly Spider Aliens(?))

Here's some discussion on the ValiantFans.com board: http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45390

Great question!

This would be the one. Jump in here Greg if I am wrong.

http://valiantuniverse.com/comics/divinity/

Great question!

This would be the one. Jump in here Greg if I am wrong.

http://valiantuniverse.com/comics/divinity/

Divinity is the first all new title.

Bleeding Monk is the first all new character who might be super important.

DC Comics - Superman

Valiant ___________?

I would say its Bloodshot! I thought Rai could have been "that dude" but IMO he hasn't taken that leap.

+ 1

Bloodshot came to mind immediately for the new Valiant. He is the image heavily marketed across the interwebs.

:ohnoez:

DC Comics - Superman

Valiant ___________?

I would say its Bloodshot! I thought Rai could have been "that dude" but IMO he hasn't taken that leap.

+ 1

Bloodshot came to mind immediately for the new Valiant. He is the image heavily marketed across the interwebs.

I'll stick with X-O Manowar. He's the one Valiant (VEI) chose to relaunch as the first title.

DC Comics - Superman

Valiant ___________?

+ 1

I'll stick with X-O Manowar. He's the one Valiant (VEI) chose to relaunch as the first title.

Can we have both?

:cloud9:

I'm surprised that the print run of Harbinger 5 is shown as lower than that of 4, given that back when Valiant itself was publishing their list of "15 rarest" (regular) issues, Harbinger # 4 was listed as having the lowest print run after Rai 2-5.

Cool list, may have been linked to earlier in the thread, but just in case,

http://valiantcentral.com/collectors-corner-top-10-most-valuable-valiant-comics/

:baiting: Greg didn't you tell me you were going to hook me up with a Rai 0 CGC 10. lol

I'm trying a Jedi mind trick here! :wishluck:

Edited by carter3175

I'm surprised that the print run of Harbinger 5 is shown as lower than that of 4, given that back when Valiant itself was publishing their list of "15 rarest" (regular) issues, Harbinger # 4 was listed as having the lowest print run after Rai 2-5.

I thought I remember that too, that is why I asked for a chart. Great data though!