• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman in LOOK Magazine
2 2

12 posts in this topic

I had posted this in CG but though I would repost here as many do not venture outside this forum. I have recently picked up a copy of the Look Magazine issue from 1940 (see link here) and thought it was pretty cool. But then amazingly enough I was able to pick up a copy of the very rare SS newspaper that was quoted earlier in this thread. Thought I would share the page. So here is the rear page of Das Schwarze Korps from April 25, 1940 with the headline "Jerry Siegel Attacks!" (see the translation here)

DasSchwarzeKorps4_zpsxzvgpnxw.jpg

Great find!

I had posted this in CG but though I would repost here as many do not venture outside this forum. I have recently picked up a copy of the Look Magazine issue from 1940 (see link here) and thought it was pretty cool. But then amazingly enough I was able to pick up a copy of the very rare SS newspaper that was quoted earlier in this thread. Thought I would share the page. So here is the rear page of Das Schwarze Korps from April 25, 1940 with the headline "Jerry Siegel Attacks!" (see the translation here)

So cool!

Extraordinary find. Not sure what you mean, though, by "earlier in this thread" because yours is the first post. Is there another thread that discusses this article?

CRAZY!

Note that the last panel from the LOOK article (Superman crashing in to Hitler's retreat) is missing! I wonder if that's a coincidence? hm

Edited by pemart1966

Hey I'm currently studying history in my last year of high school. For our finals we have to do a "Research Project" on any topic we want, and I've chosen to study comic books in relation to WW2.

I was searching around for different sources and I came across this forum.

Do you still have the scan of this paper cause the one in this forum has been given a watermark. If you do I would hugely appreciate if you could share it with me. It would be a great help for my history project and is the perfect source! If you don't, no worries, but thanks anyways!

On 3/11/2015 at 4:39 PM, archiefan said:

On 12/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, Ethan_13 said:

Hey I'm currently studying history in my last year of high school. For our finals we have to do a "Research Project" on any topic we want, and I've chosen to study comic books in relation to WW2.

Good luck on your project!

On 12/14/2019 at 10:11 PM, Ethan_13 said:

I was searching around for different sources and I came across this forum.

Do you still have the scan of this paper cause the one in this forum has been given a watermark. If you do I would hugely appreciate if you could share it with me. It would be a great help for my history project and is the perfect source! If you don't, no worries, but thanks anyways!

Hi @Ethan_13. I have had to stay away from my research for about a year due to family problems, but that is my field of research as well (most closely related to Italy, but also the USA, occupied France – and Germany despite the fact they did not have much of a comics tradition before WW2 they’re obviously "at the core").
If you want to chat a bit, drop me a personal message. Or, for a start, browse the Forum topics more closely related to this, which I tried to index time ago: :)