• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities Pedigree Census Integrity

31 posts in this topic

It looks like our own Board member, SUFUNK, has consigned his incredible Avengers collection to Pedigeecomics in their latest auction. One observation I made, it looks like many of these books were resubbed. Since many of these are pedigree books it looks like the CGC census does not reflect the resubs. Example Avengers 12 Twin Cities, original cert 1059691001, now 1107022001.

Both are in the census as Twin Cities. Can someone else verify I am seeing all this correctly ? If so, I think CGC should be alerted. Also, how does this happen ? Even if the old label is not submitted with the resub, I thought CGC checks their own database.

They definitely don't check the census data base. They may respond in some fashion if you contact them.... but I would imagine they are VERY procedure oriented and without a label returned, will not become proactive for something like this. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....I miss Sufunk......

They definitely don't check the census data base. They may respond in some fashion if you contact them.... but I would imagine they are VERY procedure oriented and without a label returned, will not become proactive for something like this. GOD BLESS...

....I miss Sufunk......

So, in other words, the census is fast becoming worthless. Sad. I always viewed it as a powerful tool when assessing value.

....I miss Sufunk......

just curious, if the book is cracked out and/or press and resub without the label, how is the Pedigree not disappeared....don't you need the label resubmit with the book? so if the label is submitted, then it may be just a clerical error or this book has just been regrade recently for the auction and the cencus will update shortly.

....I miss Sufunk......

just curious, if the book is cracked out and/or press and resub without the label, how is the Pedigree not disappeared....don't you need the label resubmit with the book? so if the label is submitted, then it may be just a clerical error or this book has just been regrade recently for the auction and the cencus will update shortly.

While I would like to say you are correct, it appears to be otherwise. This pedigree did come with a generic COA. If I remember correctly the COA was not book specific, like the Don Rosa books.

....I miss Sufunk......

So, in other words, the census is fast becoming worthless. Sad. I always viewed it as a powerful tool when assessing value.

When we're talking about non-pedigree issues, this has been impossible for them since they opened their doors in 2000. Without a label, they can't prove a book is being resubmitted. So yes, the Census has always had a predictable margin of error built into the numbers.

Not sure how sufunk gave them the evidence that it was a Twin Cities copy without sending in the label. It does seem like CGC should have removed the old copy from the Census when the new one entered. hm

While I would like to say you are correct, it appears to be otherwise. This pedigree did come with a generic COA. If I remember correctly the COA was not book specific, like the Don Rosa books.

I don't think they take COAs--too easy to swap another book in.

I'm confused.

1059691 001 is an Avengers #12 9.4 white pages we graded on 10/12/11. It is still in our system and it is NOT the Twin Cities copy.

1107022 001 is in our system and it IS the Twin Cities copy, also a 9.4 white pages that we graded on 06/14/13

Looking through my system, the other Avengers #12 Twin Cities was 0914684 003 and was graded on 02/23/11 (also a 9.4 white pages) and was deleted from the census.

Looking at the census, there are 19 copies of Avengers#12 in 9.4 (+1 restored copy).

1059691 001 & 1107022 001 are not the same copy. There are 17 other copies out there in 9.4. (shrug)

So is he having to sell them because of the divorce? :eek:

...I believe it's a second and more recent divorce.... I keep telling him to skip the mean, shapely ones and select a girl who loves comics and can cook.... but he just won't listen :baiting: GOD BLESS...

...I believe it's a second and more recent divorce.... I keep telling him to skip the mean, shapely ones and select a girl who loves comics and can cook.... but he just won't listen :baiting: GOD BLESS...

I'm guessing that's not his son's mother then. How long did the recent marriage last? If he bought the books before they got married, they should be off-limits in any settlement. At least in most states.

How long did the recent marriage last? If he bought the books before they got married, they should be off-limits in any settlement. At least in most states.

...it was just a joke, J, sorry for the confusion. I was under the impression that the collection was up in the air settlement-wise..... maybe being sold now to split proceeds (shrug) GOD BLESS...

Would he care that people are discussing his personal affairs in this way? Kinda awkward, but I don't know the boardie.

The only reason I know any of this is he posted it here himself.

Would he care that people are discussing his personal affairs in this way? Kinda awkward, but I don't know the boardie.

You're right. I was out of line, and apologize. He did discuss it publically on these boards but the decision to continue that should be his.... GOD BLESS...

I'm confused.

1059691 001 is an Avengers #12 9.4 white pages we graded on 10/12/11. It is still in our system and it is NOT the Twin Cities copy.

1107022 001 is in our system and it IS the Twin Cities copy, also a 9.4 white pages that we graded on 06/14/13

Looking through my system, the other Avengers #12 Twin Cities was 0914684 003 and was graded on 02/23/11 (also a 9.4 white pages) and was deleted from the census.

Looking at the census, there are 19 copies of Avengers#12 in 9.4 (+1 restored copy).

1059691 001 & 1107022 001 are not the same copy. There are 17 other copies out there in 9.4. (shrug)

Plitch, first off thanks for responding. Maybe somebody is cleaning them up as we speak. Here's another example....Avengers 11 ....

In Sufunks's registry

Comic Description: Avengers 11 Universal

Grade: 9.2

Page Quality: OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Pedigree: Twin Cities

Certification #: 1010423001

Owner: sufunk15

The book is on Pedigree as 1203501017

Certification #: 1203501017

Title: Avengers

Issue: 11

Issue Date: 12/64

Issue Year: 1964

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Grade: 9.2

Grade Date: 02/09/2015

Another example....

Comic Description: Avengers 5 Universal

Grade: 8.5

Certification #: 0914365020

Owner: sufunk15

Now on the Pedigree site as 1203501015

Many of those new numbers are from a few weeks ago.

It looks like Doug resubbed a bunch of books looking for bumps and they haven't deleted the old numbers yet. (shrug)