• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kellyssuperheroes
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Two years ago I bought the following book from kellyssuperheroes on Ebay: Incredible Hulk #6 F/VF 7.0 White pages Unrestored 1963 Marvel Silver age ( 311493615217 )

I sent it to CGC to get graded and it came back 5.0 Universal grade with off-white to white pages, so at least it wasn't restored. I emailed kellyssuperheroes to complain about the overgrading, since 2 full points overgraded on a $500 comic book is pretty significant. His reply was that the price I paid of $500 wasn't significantly higher than a 5.0 grade Hulk #6 was worth and I should be happy with it.

I replied back that I also had to spend roughly $68 dollars to get it graded, so I'm into the comic for $568, which at the time had a GPA average of like $400. I asked if he would at least refund me the grading fees of $68. From that point on, he just ignored my emails.
Edited by jharvey

1 hour ago, jharvey said:

Two years ago I bought the following book from kellyssuperheroes on Ebay: Incredible Hulk #6 F/VF 7.0 White pages Unrestored 1963 Marvel Silver age ( 311493615217 )

I sent it to CGC to get graded and it came back 5.0 Universal grade with off-white to white pages, so at least it wasn't restored. I emailed kellyssuperheroes to complain about the overgrading, since 2 full points overgraded on a $500 comic book is pretty significant. His reply was that the price I paid of $500 wasn't significantly higher than a 5.0 grade Hulk #6 was worth and I should be happy with it.

I replied back that I also had to spend roughly $68 dollars to get it graded, so I'm into the comic for $568, which at the time had a GPA average of like $400. I asked if he would at least refund me the grading fees of $68. From that point on, he just ignored my emails.

Were you really expecting it to get a 7.0?

31 minutes ago, jharvey said:
49 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Were you really expecting it to get a 7.0?

There was a large crease, not disclosed in the auction, that was nearly invisible. I just flat out didn't see it.

Some things like that are easy to miss. 

I do all my grading in our laundry room / bath room / furnace room now, as it has a sky-light, and a 6-banger 60 watt vanity light, with clear bulbs, over the sink.  It is the only room in the house that lets me see everything any more.  I lay a white towel over the sink, and stand there and grade. 

Unfortunately, I don't always have time to look at comics as they come in.  I spent all day grading and putting comics away, and there was plenty of disappointment in there.

7 hours ago, builderofnets said:

Whats his return address. He sent me real POS claiming it was 9.8. Trimmed on both sides completely worthless

You bought something but don't have the return address?

This guy is a known scam artist.