• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Earl Collection Promotional Sale Feb 1 - 7th

68 posts in this topic

It works now... go to www.highgradecomics.com.. but everything good is gone by the looks of it.. Christo_pull_hair.gif

for some reason your link worked while all the others only allowed me to see the letter A books but then sent me to incredifind for every other letter.

do the books disappear after they've been purchased?? can't tell if i was looking at everything or just what's left. i'll say one thing - that's a lot of books!!! thumbsup2.gif

hope folks get to fill in their collections......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It works now... go to www.highgradecomics.com.. but everything good is gone by the looks of it.. Christo_pull_hair.gif

for some reason your link worked while all the others only allowed me to see the letter A books but then sent me to incredifind for every other letter.

do the books disappear after they've been purchased?? can't tell if i was looking at everything or just what's left. i'll say one thing - that's a lot of books!!! thumbsup2.gif

hope folks get to fill in their collections......... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

There are certainly a few books still available that are genuine bargains, but I suspect that those whose links worked earlier on got all the better stuff. Dammit. mad.gif

Hi everyone,

Despite the fact that neither Bob nor I have been able to reproduce the navigation problems some of you were seeing on the site, we certainly believe those of you for whom the letter drop-downs aren't working. So we've added a little "Go" button next to each of the drop-downs on the site.

Most of you can ignore the "Go" buttons because your browsers will automatically take you to the correct catalog listing as soon as you make a selection. But if the drop-downs aren't working for you, the "Go" buttons should reliably take you where you're trying to go.

Hopefully this puts the navigation issues to rest, and everyone can get back to raiding Bob's inventory!

Thanks,

Lou

www.j2-interactive.com

Sorry you went to all that trouble-- I believe you could reproduce the original problem via the explanation Stynxno posted yesterday-- I've edited that explanation below to correct a typo:

the link provided was busted.

http://www.highgradecomics.com//catalog.php <--- the two slashes were messing it up

change it to http://www.highgradecomics.com/catalog.php (one slash) and everything works.

Explains the inconsistent behavior we were all seeing: some of us used the bad link, some of us had the good link bookmarked or in cache on one or another of our desktops.

Also note the original bad links at the top of this thread have been edited/corrected. But Stynxno is correct: I remember being puzzled at what looked like an odd URL when I first saw it.

Why post this? Software bugs and/or user errors are my headache at work-- I hate to leave things like this unresolved... screwy.gif

Sorry you went to all that trouble-- I believe you could reproduce the original problem via the explanation Stynxno posted yesterday-- I've edited that explanation below to correct a typo:

http://www.highgradecomics.com//catalog.php <--- the two slashes were messing it up

change it to http://www.highgradecomics.com/catalog.php (one slash) and everything works.

Explains the inconsistent behavior we were all seeing: some of us used the bad link, some of us had the good link bookmarked or in cache on one or another of our desktops.

Also note the original bad links at the top of this thread have been edited/corrected. But Stynxno is correct: I remember being puzzled at what looked like an odd URL when I first saw it.

Why post this? Software bugs and/or user errors are my headache at work-- I hate to leave things like this unresolved... screwy.gif

Hey Zonker, thanks for the update. Having been a software developer for many years I know exactly what you mean, and in particular I don't want to leave Bob with any loose ends as he tries to make sure his new site is rock solid.

Hopefully the "Go" buttons don't get in the way and most people will ignore them. The good news is, now that they are in, it is easy to take them out if Bob gets feedback that they are annoying or unnecessary.

-- Lou

Books that are sold/ordered are removed with updates that occur every 15 minutes. I'm not a big fan of the "pending sale" that never goes away. With over 25,000 books I don't need to stroke my ego on what's selling and for how much.

Zonker: thanks for correcting the typo. smile.gif