• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, UltraMaximus said:

The books are well written, and well illustrated, and I cannot say the same for the big 2 in most cases!

As far as your hunt goes, You won't be able to do it with straight Hasbro figures, you will have to get some 3rd party and custom to make to happen. I like where you head is at though! If I had the shelf space (and opened figures) I would do the same. I do recall a post at TFW2005 that is attempting this, you might want to pick up your search there. 

Thanks so much UltraMax, that was exactly what I needed! Popped over to the TFW board and you are right, I immediately found a thread dedicated to just this task. Looks like you're right, if I want scale to be consistent, I'll have to do some third party stuff, but it DOES seem to be pretty much achievable. I thank you my friend, while my wallet curses you!

On 15/02/2017 at 1:38 PM, F For Fake said:

Thanks so much UltraMax, that was exactly what I needed! Popped over to the TFW board and you are right, I immediately found a thread dedicated to just this task. Looks like you're right, if I want scale to be consistent, I'll have to do some third party stuff, but it DOES seem to be pretty much achievable. I thank you my friend, while my wallet curses you!

Post a pick when you get it finished please 

On 2/17/2017 at 5:34 PM, Anolotis said:

Post a pick when you get it finished please 

Will do. At the rate I'll be going, hope you're ready to wait a couple of years!

It's been a while since I posted, but I thought I'd share my latest CGC shipment. I'm thrilled with these as I wasn't expecting 9.8s on a couple of them. I've just come to expect extremely harsh grading from CGC. The 9.8 on top of the Wreckers pile is the only new one from that group. I still need two more grade-worthy books to finish off that set. I'm about to send some of my rarest books I haven't graded yet to my guy for pressing. I also have another CGC group ready to go as soon as the funds are available.

MarchCGC-01.jpg

MarchCGC-02.jpg

MarchCGC-03.jpg

MarchCGC-04.jpg

Ok guys and gals lets get some life put back into this thread as it has dried up of late whats people got and graded and any rares found.

Also I have still not received my Optimus Prime #1 Diamond Uk Exclusive cover but have seen 1 for sale on the US ebay have they been printed ?

I think we all use the FB page now.  I haven't checked here for a couple weeks until today.  

I don't think I've bought much Transformers stuff lately except for the books I purchased from you.  I have some of the Marvel run on its way to CGC but I don't think any other IDW books yet.  I still haven't heard anything on the UK book.  

I was moving stuff around recently, and I came across the Transformers Vol. 1 IDW Hardcover I picked up back in 2012.  It is the Blue Label 1/10.  I couldn't find any recent sales info on these using google, so would you guys have any helpful info for me?  I'm pretty sure I have a volume 2 also, but I'll have to look around.  Thanks in advance.

First time (ok second if you count a reply to an ISO) poster here and need some help. Just got this back from CGC, All Hail Megatron 1 Apocalypse comics Killing Joke variant, and need some help pricing it up. I have looked on eBay solds and can't find anything of use. All help greatly appreciated.

AHM1.jpg

On 7/18/2017 at 5:04 AM, Mattishoo said:

First time (ok second if you count a reply to an ISO) poster here and need some help. Just got this back from CGC, All Hail Megatron 1 Apocalypse comics Killing Joke variant, and need some help pricing it up. I have looked on eBay solds and can't find anything of use. All help greatly appreciated.

AHM1.jpg

Charles, from the TransMissions podcast bought one at TFCon last year for $20. It was not slabbed.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, Mattishoo said:

AHM1.jpg

Transformers: All Hail Megatron # 1 Killing Joke variant CGC 9.8 White Pages $500 last September.  I knew I wasn't going crazy when I saw it. 

I don't know why I just thought of these, but I figured I'd share. Picked these up at a yard sale a few years ago, along with a few complete Transformers trading card sets. I don't know much about these, but I think they are "Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformer" Gum Wrappers by Takara. I have 17 out of I think a set of 19. I can post more or better pics if anyone wants to see them all.

20171013_202417.thumb.jpg.2b060b43717cc051c37bbd5b21791fde.jpg

It's the Retailer Incentive cover to Transformers 2009 series, issue 3 (obviously). So it was the 'rarest' cover for normal retail. I can't recall what the ratio was though, sorry. It's issue 3 of the ongoing series, IDW's first true G1-verse ongoing. The series ultimately ran for 31 issues, iirc.

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic