• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VF or NM? Opinions?

8 posts in this topic

Detective 359

Seller says NM, gut says VF. What do the rest of you say? I'm thinking $175 is WAY to high for this book and that $125 is still a bit pricey. It seems to me to be more in the $80-90 range.

BTW, I'm looking to upgrade my VG copy to VF or better so if anyone has one for sale, PM me.

well as i am sure u know...it is a very tough book to find in high grade. this looks liek a nice copy but i do not think it would result in a 9.0. the bottom edge has a few creases and the bottom right corner is in trouble. I count several spine creases that break the color as well. And of course it is off-center. maybe an 8.0?

I would say the best the book would grade is a VF+...which ain't too shabby... and that the $125.00 is a fair price for a nice upgrade on a key issue...

Nice scans...very good feedback...my gut says , if you really want it then go for it... wink.gif

I say VF at the highest (don't discount my grading skills because of my low post total smile.gif ) Looks like a crease parallel to the bottom edge, and several nicks along the bottom edge. And the bottom right corner is blunted. I can see CGC giving it a VF-. But then again, I'm a conservative grader.

No doubt in my mind that this COULD be a VF without the damage to the bottom of the comic. With the damage, I would go VF- at best. Why? It's the accumulated defects of the stress cracks, the damage to the bottom cover plus whatever else I can't see.

Someone bid $125, which is more than I want to pay for that particular book at the moment. I'm watching a few "Crimes by Women" on eBay at the moment, which, if I win, will account for my comics budget for a little while.

Thanks for the opinions anyway. And I didn't know the book was hard to find in high grade. That's a good bit of information. I appreciate it.