• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this color error!

39 posts in this topic

Once again, sun fading is not a variant doh!

This is an error of a semi important book. Wolverine appears on one page and I think this is his 3rd appearance ever if you count 180 as his first.

HulkError%20001_zpsbizgonri.jpg

humanfly1.jpg

Thoughts, obviously a printing issue as well, but it seems like it would be exactly the same as the Sandman book....

James G[/b][/size]

Yea Looks like fade to me also, probably hung on the wall of a comic shop for a few years and got some sun exposure. 2c

(shrug) I guess I could be wrong though, I posted a Captain America #210 on here a few years back that had most of the red missing from the cover and everyone called it fade until I posted a back cover scan that also had the problem.

(shrug) I guess I could be wrong though, I posted a Captain America #210 on here a few years back that had most of the red missing from the cover and everyone called it fade until I posted a back cover scan that also had the problem.

Could you repost that, as I'm pretty good at picking those out.

I have been looking through old threads trying to find it with no luck and the search function only goes back 2 years so I have come up empty here. But maybe I can still find the old scans in my photo bucket account.

The SADDEST example of sun fade I ever saw was back in the beginning of summer in 1979 when an old farmer had some stuff laid out at a popular flea market. Among this "stuff" was a decent copy of Batman #5. He wanted $600 for it which no one was giving. He would not budge off his price. "Not one penny less", he said. At the END of summer season, we were there again and sure enough, the old farmer was still there with his stuff and a now bleached out copy of Batman #5. The yellow was totally gone. When we asked what he wanted for the book now, he said "$600. Not one penny less." Man. Talk about stubborn. We were kids at the time, 16 or 17, and we didn't have $600 in 1979 dollars. Plus, the book wasn't worth $600 at the time so people walked by it. Very sad to see.

I remember a certain comic shop in Pennsylvania that had all the wall books overlapping each other on the wall. When you asked to look at any book, the exposed left side was very faded compared to the covered right halves which still had full color. A real shame.

I have been looking through old threads trying to find it with no luck and the search function only goes back 2 years so I have come up empty here. But maybe I can still find the old scans in my photo bucket account.

:foryou:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42377&Number=788619#Post788619

The SADDEST example of sun fade I ever saw was back in the beginning of summer in 1979 when an old farmer had some stuff laid out at a popular flea market. Among this "stuff" was a decent copy of Batman #5. He wanted $600 for it which no one was giving. He would not budge off his price. "Not one penny less", he said. At the END of summer season, we were there again and sure enough, the old farmer was still there with his stuff and a now bleached out copy of Batman #5. The yellow was totally gone. When we asked what he wanted for the book now, he said "$600. Not one penny less." Man. Talk about stubborn. We were kids at the time, 16 or 17, and we didn't have $600 in 1979 dollars. Plus, the book wasn't worth $600 at the time so people walked by it. Very sad to see.

Talk about wasting a rare golden age book.

$600 in 1979 would have bought you a rough copy of #1. Certainly not #5.

meh

The search function goes back further than 2 years, but you have to do it in 2 year increments...like 1/1/04 to 12/31/05.

Better is the google advanced, then confine it to this site.

:foryou:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=42377&Number=788619#Post788619

Wow! Thank you for the link cgcmod4! Very nice! :foryou: