• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

I wasn't very happy with the first episode, but last night's second episode was stellar.  The witty banter between Mulder and Scully was back, plenty of action, a return (sort of) of an old friend.  Just all-around a great episode. 

I haven't seen either episode yet, but the series has always had hit-or-miss episodes.  I've always preferred the standalone sci-fi episodes, but yea, they're not all stellar.

The best episode ever was the one where they were investigating a guy who kept taking pictures of people moments before they died of causes completely unrelated to him.  REALLY compelling concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithonus_(The_X-Files)

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I haven't seen either episode yet, but the series has always had hit-or-miss episodes.  I've always preferred the standalone sci-fi episodes, but yea, they're not all stellar.

The best episode ever was the one where they were investigating a guy who kept taking pictures of people moments before they died of causes completely unrelated to him.  REALLY compelling concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithonus_(The_X-Files)

written by Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad fame, also the writer of my favorite episode: Paper Hearts

13 hours ago, paperheart said:

written by Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad fame, also the writer of my favorite episode: Paper Hearts

That one hit hard, but it kept me puzzled from that episode onwards--was his sister killed by that serial killer or not?  It undermined the concept of the show in a way that I took the entire rest of the series less seriously.

22 hours ago, paperheart said:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose is my favorite but Paper Hearts is in my top 10

On 1/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, Azkaban said:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose is my favorite but Paper Hearts is in my top 10

Definitely at the top of my X-Files list for sure.

But I have to say 'The Field Where I Died' is in my top 5 as well, where Mulder finds out he may have been reincarnated from a Confederate soldier. A monster-of-the-week episode, but with a lot of emotion.

What a great episode!

Reggie's badge appeared two episodes ago when they were researching the Electronic X-Files Catalog.

24-x-files-reggie.w710.h473.jpg

' leprechaun taint'?? lol

I never heard about the Soy Bomb Conspiracy.

soybomb.jpg

And the Grenada UFO Stamp was a real thing.

Grenada Research into UFO Phenomenon

And that junk shop had some cool little goodies in it you had to scan quickly to catch. Anyone see the Richard Nixon poster with the quote “They Can’t Lick Our D[y]ck”?

Now who was the voice actor giving the 'We will build a galaxy wall' speech? He sounded so familiar.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/25/2018 at 10:32 PM, paperheart said:

"confuse the twilight zone with the outer limits? do you even know me?" lol 

they should have saved this and made it the last episode.

^^

At this point Chris Carter has lost the plot of his so-called mythology worse than Mulder in front of his bulletin board in this week's episode!  The best thing they could have done now is to go out with Mulder & Scully as  Bogie & Bacall chasing monsters of the week with a bit of rom com thrown in.  :applause:

"The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" is one of the best X-Files episodes of all time.  Too bad no more Darin Morgan scripts in the pipeline.

Oh man. 

I really did not like this one at all. At first it seemed interesting, then one by one all of us watching it kept saying out stupid it was. One of the worst of the last two seasons.

I'd give this one a D/D- only because they had some funny flashbacks and I liked some of the set up.

Otherwise an F-.

Edited by Rip