• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

Another respectable, solid episode.  I think Season 11 is such an improvement over Season 10 because the writers are just trying to tell decent stories  every week, as if this were the middle of an open-ended series, rather than laboring under the pressure to Complete The Saga.  I'm good with that.

Just hoping Chris Carter doesn't botch the landing in a couple of weeks (like was done the last 2 times the X-Files ended)  :wishluck:

On 3/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

Finally caught this week's episode on On Demand.

That is more blood and body parts than I have ever seen on an X-Files episode.

I enjoyed it.  Bizarre but somewhat compelling.  Vampires, but ones that effectively became that way through medical science.

Just now, paperheart said:

the promo for next week said "season finale" not 'series finale'; i thought this was it, everything seemed to be pointing in the direction of Mulder & Scully riding off into the sunset together.

Why's that?  I didn't notice any finality to the episodes.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Why's that?  I didn't notice any finality to the episodes.

Even before its 11th season had aired, The X-Files was rocked by Gillian Anderson's announcement that she was quitting the show.

She had said previously that season 11 "will be the last" for her and for any fans who didn't believe her, she confirmed it in late December and repeated: "I've said from the beginning, this is it for me."

I guess they could go on without her or they could lure her back but what would be the point? The ratings are pretty lame so that's a further strike against another season.

51 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Even before its 11th season had aired, The X-Files was rocked by Gillian Anderson's announcement that she was quitting the show.

She had said previously that season 11 "will be the last" for her and for any fans who didn't believe her, she confirmed it in late December and repeated: "I've said from the beginning, this is it for me."

I guess they could go on without her or they could lure her back but what would be the point? The ratings are pretty lame so that's a further strike against another season.

Wow, hadn't heard she's quitting.

I had assumed they were transitioning to a new cast anyway after they showed those two agents who looked generally like Mulder and Scully but younger and was surprised that they didn't appear in this season at all.

gallery-1506005787-the-x-files-season-10

On 3/10/2018 at 12:44 PM, Zonker said:

Just hoping Chris Carter doesn't botch the landing in a couple of weeks (like was done the last 2 times the X-Files ended)  :wishluck:

Actually didn't hate it!  :takeit:

(Overlooking the fact Scully had almost nothing to do in this episode).

But, man, that was a lot of running.  Back & forth & back & forth.  And driving back & forth.  Not to mention ...

Spoiler

the body count / blood splatter count.  They really cleared the deck of all the remaining baddies , didn't they?  Including the who's-side-are-they-on  characters.  Poor Skinner, Poor Monica.  

I'd say let it end here, and be glad for the several highlights of this season.  :applause:

Edited by Zonker

I enjoyed the shorter, previous season, but the current one has really started running out of steam.

I've just watched the episode with the sushi restaurant.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 22/03/2018 at 10:46 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I enjoyed the shorter, previous season, but the current one has really started running out of steam.

I've just watched the episode with the sushi restaurant.

An interesting concept dragged out far too long.