• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

Never watched an episode. Just both the movies. But, I just bought Season One, So, I'll give it a try.

You`ll love it ,and become X-Phile!

(thumbs u

The good

I would say the first 5 seasons are the opus.

It hits it peak in the 3rd and 4th seasons.

I loved the pilot. I seen it like 10 times over the years.

Now bad.

The movies. :eek:

Loses it heart the final 4 seasons. :(

doh! One of the most famous taglines for X-FILES was Trust No One. The Cigarette Smoking Man (aka Cancer Man) had a brass Zippo lighter with "Trust No One" engraved on it. I actually bought a brass Zippo back in those days and had the same engraving on it. (It went missing in the MA to CA move).

I confess to having been a great X-FILES fan. My favorite episodes, as I have posted here elsewhere, are Jose Chung's From Outer Space, War of the Coprophages, Humbug and Clyde Bruckman's Final repose. All written by Darrin Morgan.

loved watching X-Files when it first came out, in the basement, with the lights off and pillows plugging the window wells. The alien main story was definitely what you were always wanting more of, but the monster of the week stuff was just great fun.

I have season 10 in my pull list :)

doh! One of the most famous taglines for X-FILES was Trust No One. The Cigarette Smoking Man (aka Cancer Man) had a brass Zippo lighter with "Trust No One" engraved on it. I actually bought a brass Zippo back in those days and had the same engraving on it. (It went missing in the MA to CA move).

I confess to having been a great X-FILES fan. My favorite episodes, as I have posted here elsewhere, are Jose Chung's From Outer Space, War of the Coprophages, Humbug and Clyde Bruckman's Final repose. All written by Darrin Morgan.

But POV, "...The truth is out there..."

Hope they do it right. Get back to the conspiracy theories and such. One of the things I had wished was that the Original X Files was around in the days of the internet forums etc.What made the show "Lost" extra special was the forums like Dark UFO where we all went and discussed the theories and mythology. Cant wait to see this show if done right with the forums that will pop up. Again they need to do it right.

Loved it back in the day, hope it's coming back. :wishluck: It was one I actually got my kids into.

Hope they do it right. Get back to the conspiracy theories and such. One of the things I had wished was that the Original X Files was around in the days of the internet forums etc.What made the show "Lost" extra special was the forums like Dark UFO where we all went and discussed the theories and mythology. Cant wait to see this show if done right with the forums that will pop up. Again they need to do it right.

I am hoping with Chris Carter involved that they will get it right. But I also hope they find new focuses, and not just continue the same old 'our DNA in a storage bunker' story.

i think some people are thinking its TV show coming back, which would be epic. It's just a third movie is it not?

TV show, with less episodes than the earlier days.

I think the '24' Live Another Day was a successful experiment on bringing back the franchise for a limited run. (Best Superbowl teaser commercials from 2014) I would love to see 'X-Files' back in a similar fashion.

I hope they bring back The Lone Gunmen ala the comic books. But, seeing as how Fox hated them with a passion - that's probably a long shot.

I think the '24' Live Another Day was a successful experiment on bringing back the franchise for a limited run. (Best Superbowl teaser commercials from 2014) I would love to see 'X-Files' back in a similar fashion.

I hope they bring back The Lone Gunmen ala the comic books. But, seeing as how Fox hated them with a passion - that's probably a long shot.

I just want to experience the magic again, even for a short while. That show brings back so many super memories.

I have The Lone Gunmen series. I liked them, though they could be slower than X-Files. Millennium was another one that brought some special magic with it.

I had posted this in the WC X-Files thread.

I love those episodes, and rewatched them recently! Still solid gold.

Humbug

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose - One of my Top 10 episodes. :cloud9:

An emotional episode was The Field Where I Died. Man, that had an impact on me.

Bring it back, and let's see if they can bottle lightning again.

Millennium was worth watching as well.

I think I still have some of these episodes.

The 10 Best Millennium Episodes

------------------

4) Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me

------------------

This was such a cool episode. It really demonstrated the hidden world Frank Black was taking on that was not so apparent before this.