• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

Chris Carter Shares New X-Files Details

• The series picks up eight years after we last saw Scully and Mulder.

• Mitch Pileggi will return as Walter Skinner and William B. Davis as “The Smoking Man," with big chance the Lone Gunmen will return.

• Carter says the new series will be similar to the original: "... a combination of the ongoing Mulder and Scully conspiracy saga, relationship and stand-alone episodes that will come interspersed. That said, it will all be of a piece, meaning that it won’t feel disconnected. It’ll all feel as if it’s taking place in what I would call television 'real time.'"

• Regarding the relationship between Scully and Mulder: "As we saw in the second movie, they were together, not married. Living together. But when we come back we will find that relationship is not where we left it."

:whee:

David Duchovny talks X-Files movie mistakes and the upcoming revival series

"It's been awhile since I've played Mulder so it's going to be strange for sure the first couple days. Luckily Gillian will be there and we'll be there for each other to say, 'That doesn’t seem right or something like that,' All the principals are back. Chris will be there, Gillian will be there, I'll be there and we can all check on each other and say, 'Is this the show?' Because we'll find it. It's just a matter of relaxing and letting it happen. It's going to be the same show, it's obviously going to be different times and the characters are going to be older and all of the things that are going to be changing naturally will change."

'X-Files' Reboot Gets A Very Strong Premiere Slot

Word has now come on how the network is prepared to relaunch the series to the largest possible audience. Fox is planning to debut the new X-Files miniseries immediately following the NFL's NFC Championship Game on Sunday, January 24. The NFL always garners stellar ratings, but especially during the playoffs. Giving The X-Files a post-NFC Champsionship berth, then following up it the very next night on Monday at 8PM, is going to give the series an insanely high probability of being a ratings success.

David Duchovny says the first new X-Files -script is fantastic, made him cry

“I just read it about an hour ago and I started crying reading the first page. It was just so strange to see the names on the page. It had nothing to do with the -script itself. It was just like, I’d been talking about this for a long time. We’d been planning it for a long time. It took a long time to get all the people in the same place and get the deal with Fox. So let’s say two years we’ve been talking about doing it. Now it’s the fun part. Now we actually get to do it. That was nice and strangely emotional for me, and I’ll have to figure out how to use that [in the performance].”

Photos from the set

The truth is, they're out there.

Long-suffering fans who have wanted to believe in the return of "The X-Files" got definitive proof after photos of stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on the event series' set surfaced late Tuesday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/declassified-photos-show-x-files-stars-hard-work-article-1.2253302

Looks like we might get some closure on the Alien Invasion story line.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/16/a-ufo-crashes-on-the-set-of-the-x-files-revival/

Photos of a UFO that has crashed on the set of The X-Files mini-series have surfaced.

When the television series came to an end in 2002, it left a major plotline unresolved. Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) learned the truth about a massive alien invasion that would happen on Dec. 22, 2012.

Scully :cloud9:
To get ready for X-Files I started watching "The Fall" on Netflix. Check it out if you haven't already. Anderson's performance is excellent. If she brings that level of depth and control to X-Files, it's going to be mindblowing. :ohnoez:

fall_1__span.jpg

I watched the 1st episode. Does it get better? The story didn't really "grab me".
It's more slow-burn than firecracker. The mental/emotional roller coaster of a 'Detective vs Psycho serial killer' novel.

What I found fascinating was Anderson's ability to shift from super-hot desirable to intimidating ironlady at will. No idea how she did that. A glance, turn of the head, eyes, I really don't know. In the same scene it might go from 'my god, that woman is just all kinds of doable' to 'aw hell no, no way josé,10-point shrivel factor ice-queen, so damn cold, brrr.'

And no idea why those internal reactions, other than damn good character acting.