• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cornerstone pieces of a collection should be Concrete

11 posts in this topic

My latest acquisition: Concrete: Land and Sea wraparound cover by Paul Chadwick

The sun and the moon were aligned for me to acquire this piece:

On March 20 2015 – same date as the spring equinox – the moon turns new only 14 hours after reaching lunar perigee – moon’s closest point to Earth in its orbit. Thus this moon is a supermoon – at the new phase – not visible in our sky, but having a larger-than-average effect on Earth’s oceans. Plus this new supermoon swings right in front of the equinox sun on March 20, so that the moon’s shadow falls on parts of Earth.

The eBay winner did not pay so I was contacted by the seller and offered the piece. I came in third so that meant another passed. This piece will have a prime spot on my man cave wall but I may need to devise a screening mechanism as I'm already getting lost in its brilliance and distracted from what I should be working on.

Concrete: Land and Sea cover on Comic Art Fans

Concrete%20land%20and%20Sea%20Cover%20-%20Paul%20Chadwick_zps72dyyda1.jpg

Thanks for reading!

James

Fantastic cover--I bid but clearly not enough to make it to the top 3; which I now regret, seeing it again in all its glory! Recently re-read a bunch of the early Concrete stories and they hold up so well--definitely recommended reading for anyone looking for a super-hero alternative.

Still looking for an example for myself, let me know if anyone has anything!