• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would I Hitchhike?

2 posts in this topic

Or Starting my Jourbey to ECCC

LOn the way to the airport I was taking my time. During the whole twenty mile plus trip I was being passed by every single car, but one. My car, as trusty as she has been, is on her last wheel. I fear, if it was a hundred and fifty years ago, as well as a horse, I would have to do what was considered the humane thing at the time and put her out of her misery. By the way, it is illegal to shoot a car in my hometown. As I drove I knew each pothole I swerved around,if hit, could be my last. My lil' faded blue car has treated me well and I fear, she has to retire.

My initial fear last night was that I would sleep through my alarm. After I woke and exited my home I imagined my car breaking down. I feared that I would be stranded. That a cab might not pick me up on a busy highway. And that rush hour traffic would start soon and I might have to hitch a ride. My hands tensed on the wheel with every rattle as my rusty tin can propelled me along Philadelphia's encrusted interstate. The fear of leaving my ECCC ticket behind was forgotten only to be replaced by the fear of never getting there.

I did make it to the airport though. I even stopped for coffee. Only a slight detour deterred me, but it was so minor the thoughts of "I'm going to be late" only lasted fractions of a second. My CGC purchases will have to slow down to a crawl, that is until after I either get my new car, pay for my wedding, or sell a bunch of comic books. Now, all I have to do is worry how I'm going to get home and pay for the parking.

Thanks for reading

Tnerb

16527.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Very glad you made it my friend. What a great time we had again at ECCC this year! Best of luck writing those wedding vows and getting new wheels. You were very reserved with your spending at the show so you're off to a good start!