• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBS All Access's STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Show
2 2

265 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That last episode was so emotional. So many 'farewells'. And the episode before this when Captain Pike sees his future. WOW!!

I'm happily surprised how excited I am to see the season finale.

After I watched this last episode, I tried to watch The Orville. I just couldn't do it. Not that it was bad. It just felt watered down.

STLV Adds 'Lower Decks' & 'Discovery' Panels and Guests

Star Trek Las Vegas is next week, and Creation Entertainment is upping the ante with last-minute guest additions and panels featuring cast and crew from Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Discovery. The annual U.S. gathering of Trek talent (with more than 100 guests confirmed) and Trek fans (thousands will be on hand) will take place from July 31-August 4 at the Rio Suites Hotel in Las Vegas.

From Star Trek: Discovery, Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Mary Wiseman, Jason Isaacs, Patrick Choon, Emily Coutts, Sara Mitich, Oyin Oladejo and Ronnie Rowe will look back at seasons one and two of Discovery as the show sets a new course for season three. 

Edited by Bosco685

Well I was late getting at season 2 but finally watched it over the last couple of weeks. I really enjoyed season 1 but I was blown away by season 2. It just kept getting better and better. Pike was awesome! They were all awesome. Very cinematic in scope. Looking forward to what's ahead.

Star Trek: Discovery earned its first Emmy Award at last night’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards presentation. The CBS All Access series won the Emmy Award for prosthetic makeup for a limited series, movie or special. The episode “If Memory Serves” was submitted in the category. The episode featured Discovery’s take on the Talosians, the aliens that appeared in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode “The Menagerie.” The award was presented to special makeup effects department heads Glenn Hetrick and James McKinnon, special makeup effects artists Hugo Villasenor, Rocky Faulkner, Chris Bridges, and Nicola Bendrey, and prosthetic designers Mike O’Brien and Neville Page.

Star Trek: Discovery was also nominated in the Outstanding Main Title Design category, as well as in the Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One-Hour) category and Outstanding Special Visual Effects category for the second season finale episode "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2." The series received two nominations in 2018 for its first season, but this year's award is its first win.

Star Trek: Discovery was a big winner at this year's Saturn Awards, honoring excellence in genre fiction on television, in film, and on streaming platforms. Discovery won three Saturn Awards, including Best Streaming Science Fiction, Action & Fantasy Series.

In February, CBS All Access renewed Star Trek: Discovery for a third season. Co-creator Alex Kurtzman will be joined by Michelle Paradise as co-showrunners.

:applause:

Star Trek Universe Virtual Panel

Star Trek broke barriers when it first premiered more than 50 years ago, inspiring people of all walks of life by championing cultural diversity, scientific advancement, and the exploration of new frontiers. Today, this legacy carries on through the Star Trek series on CBS All Access, where Starfleet and new characters alike take on exciting missions and explore uncharted areas of the universe while keeping true to the ideals of "Star Trek" that society needs now more than ever. Join us as we virtually bring together the casts and producers from Star Trek: Discovery, new animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Picard.

Dominic Patten, Deadline's senior editor, moderates the overall "Star Trek Universe" panels with an introduction and discussion with Secret Hideout executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin who give a glimpse of what's ahead in the ever-expanding franchise.

The cast of Star Trek: Discovery reprises their roles in a virtual table read of the season two finale "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2." Cast scheduled to appear, include Sonequa Martin-Green (Commander Michael Burnham), Michelle Yeoh (Philippa Georgiou), Doug Jones (Commander Saru), Anthony Rapp (Lt. Commander Paul Stamets), Mary Wiseman (Ensign Sylvia Tilly), Wilson Cruz (Dr. Hugh Culber), Mary Chieffo (L'Rell), Tig Notaro (Commander Jett Reno), Alan Van Sprang (Captain Leland), Jayne Brook (Admiral Katrina Cornwall), and the Discovery Bridge crew Emily Coutts (Lt. Detmer), Oyin Oladejo (Lt. J.G. Owosekun), Patrick Kwok-Choon (Lt. Rhys), Ronnie Rowe Jr. (Lt. J.G. Bryce), Sara Mitich (Lt. Nilsson), and upcoming Star Trek: Strange New World stars Anson Mount (Captain Christopher Pike), Rebecca Romijn (Number One), and Ethan Peck (Spock), alongside Star Trek: Discovery executive producer and co-showrunner Michelle Paradise and executive producer Olatunde Osunsanmi, who also directed the season two finale.Act one of the table read will make its world premiere at Comic-Con@Home followed by a brief cast Q&A.

Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites), creator, showrunner, and executive producer of the upcoming animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks, which premieres Thursday, August 6 on CBS All Access, will debut an exclusive extended first look from the premiere episode. McMahan also moderates a fun discussion with the Starfleet crew residing in the "lower decks" of the U.S.S. Cerritos, including "Ensign Beckett Mariner" voiced by Tawny Newsome, "Ensign Brad Boimler" voiced by Jack Quaid, "Ensign Tendi" voiced by Noël Wells, and "Ensign Rutherford" voiced by Eugene Cordero and the ship's bridge crew including "Captain Carol Freeman" voiced by Dawnn Lewis, "Commander Jack Ransom" voiced by Jerry O'Connell, "Lieutenant Shaxs" voiced by Fred Tatasciore, and "Doctor T'Ana: voiced by Gillian Vigman.

Patrick Stewart and the lively cast of the hit original series Star Trek: Picard, come together (virtually) for the first time post-finale to discuss the critically acclaimed first season. Cast members scheduled to appear includes Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), Alison Pill (Dr. Agnes Jurati), Isa Briones (Dahj/Soji), Evan Evagora (Elnor), Michelle Hurd (Raffi Musiker), and Santiago Cabrera (Cristobal Rios) along with special guest stars Brent Spiner (Data/Dr. Soong), Jonathan Del Arco (Hugh), Jonathan Frakes (William Riker), Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi).

Energize! The third season of Star Trek: Discovery has set a date to beam down to CBS All Access. New episodes from the 13-episode third season will be available on the streamer weekly on Thursdays starting on October 15.

The premiere date for season 3 was unveiled with a video of Commander Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) planting a tattered Federation flag on a desolate planet — which seems to be picking up right where season 2 left off. If you remember from the season finale, Burnham traveled into a wormhole. Season 3 of Star Trek: Discovery finds the U.S.S. Discovery crew landing into an unknown future far from the home they once knew. Now living in a time filled with uncertainty, the U.S.S. Discovery crew, along with the help of some new friends, must work together to restore hope to the Federation… that storyline is mirroring reality a little too much.

23 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:
  Hide contents

Very cool, just finished season 2.  I'm a fan.

I thought season 1 was overall stronger than 2, but I felt like 2 was  a cool set up for 3.

I really enjoy the overall show. But have to agree with you that Season 1 was stronger than Season 2. But I also liked the setup to Season 3 (and Strange New Worlds pending show).