• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector's Who Know! posted by hammershipdown

19 posts in this topic

Question for the collector's society....

Working on a project and could use some help. I'm currently helping a friend with a short film project that includes a comic book. Trying to decide what book would best represent a Holy Grail find worth 5,000 bucks. TMNT #1 is the current choice, but thought I'd pose the question to the group here and see what others might come up with..... I won't be lending any grail books to shoot with, we'll need to create a mock one, but what other comics, title / issue might be worth around the same?

Thanks all for the help!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

See more journals by hammershipdown

Is there a grade range, character, genre, or era you're targeting? There's lots of lower grade books you can pick up for $5,000. FF 1, AF 15, Hulk 1, etc. The list is quite lengthy. Probably the shorter list is what you can't buy for that price.

All great thoughts / ideas! Thanks!

The book would need be something purchased in the mid 80's, so, anything older than that, and it would be valued around 5,000 + in today's market.

My original thought was a Hulk #1 would be awesome! (or X-Men, Avengers, FF #1) - But, wanted to see if anyone had any other interesting ideas... I also like the idea of Gobbledygook 1!

How about GSX-Men #1, or Fantastic Four 48, or if it has to be from the mid-80's then Daredevil 168 (9.9 or 10.0), Saga of the Swamp Thing 37 (9.9), and maybe Sandman #1 (10.0 if it exists).

All great thoughts / ideas! Thanks!

The book would need be something purchased in the mid 80's, so, anything older than that, and it would be valued around 5,000 + in today's market.

My original thought was a Hulk #1 would be awesome! (or X-Men, Avengers, FF #1) - But, wanted to see if anyone had any other interesting ideas... I also like the idea of Gobbledygook 1!

A perfect $5,000 book would be Gobbledygook

#1. Estimated to only be 50 in existence. I think it came out before TMNT.

Anyone want to sell TMNT 1 2 3 4 combo for this project?

#1 - can be 3rd print

2 - can be 2nd...

VF to NM ish... I would need to get them shipped out tomorrow fast delivery so they can reach me in a couple of days.

Yep, all licensing will be covered. (We're out here in Hollywood and know all about that stuff!) TMNT #1 was the final choice (Director's call) but, there were some great ideas here!

Thanks again for all the help!

I bought a 3rd print of TMNT #1 for the shoot.

re: love and rockets 1

i wonder if these exist in 9.8 or above.

i think they tend to be kept in good shape by those who have them, but then again, i don't know of too many people who do have them. but of the ones i've seen or heard about, getting above 9.2 is still pretty rare