• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

First one wasn't bad as it got very interesting at the end but it was losing me up until that point...

The Nick character is annoying and badly acted in my opinion but other than that...was an okay first episode. I will watch next week.

With a six episode season, I was kind of disappointed. It shows promise, but it was too slow of a pace though, trying to build anticipation for an ending the audience is already aware of.

Seems people were watching 2 different shows by the reviews.

Very disappointing.

The -script was very poor, and other than the last 5 minutes was an utter snore-fest.

Thank god it's a mini-series.

Cannot get over how bad the -script and actors were.

Was there a rule in place where they could only utter 6 or 7 word sentences?

3/10 - for the last 5 minutes.....

Very disappointing.

The -script was very poor, and other than the last 5 minutes was an utter snore-fest.

:facepalm: it can only get better

I didn't mind the slow burn as they developed the characters and you could feel the tension start to amp up through the background noise (sirens, helicopters, etc. . . ).

I will say that Nick's character can slip in and out of being annoying.

During the end of the episode as Nick met Cal in the diner ... was that the same diner from Pulp Fiction? I kept waiting for Cal to bust out with "Be cool honey bunny" as Nick started freaking out.

Very disappointing.

I agree with this.

The show was about a family and how they deal with a junkie. While I understand the need for character development, I just think far to much time was spent dealing with the junkie aspect. I would have preferred if Kirkman had avoided that story altogether and delved further into the discovery of Tobias.

- I liked the "viral" video of the zombie from the tunnel incident

Is there also something in place where they don't call the police? "I'm gonna go investigate this place in the middle of the night....... Blood everywhere...... Scary stuff...... But I don't think it's a job for the cops".

I fell asleep and didn't finish it. Hoping it gets better.

I didn't mind the slow burn as they developed the characters and you could feel the tension start to amp up through the background noise (sirens, helicopters, etc. . . ).

I will say that Nick's character can slip in and out of being annoying.

During the end of the episode as Nick met Cal in the diner ... was that the same diner from Pulp Fiction? I kept waiting for Cal to bust out with "Be cool honey bunny" as Nick started freaking out.

Its a Dennys I think near the LA County Jail where the inmates go when released. lol

I really liked this first episode! I thought the pacing was great, and liked how they took time with the characters to establish them. :applause:
Even the Junkie?

I thought that character represented the literal walking dead. He wakes up from a "dead" life and is now being forced to confront emotions and experiences. I thought he walked like a zombie, stumbling around a lot in many of his scenes. I found him to be interesting because as a character he would be easy to kill off, because he was often self-centered and annoying. But at the end, does he try to protect his loved ones? Does he show any promise? That's what I'm hoping they develop. (thumbs u

Tough crowd here.

Not sure what people were expecting, but AMC producers were clear from the start this is a companion series to TWD and not a spinoff (also in part due to the ongoing legal battles they have with show creator Frank Darabont), and that things were purposely going to be set at a different pace. As such, I went into it taking it at face value and thought it did a good job both with the opening and the closing sequences, then sprinkling in moments of dread throughout - the glimpse of a strange figure in the park, the bent over principal in his office in an increasingly-empty high school, the sequence on the highway, etc.

Character reactions to situations were largely spot-on, what with their inherent disbelief in what they were seeing and incomprehension about the attacks being captured on camera... yet a very rapid ramping-up of societal unease and mounting panic as the videos are shared at a clip you would expect in the real world. That the episode is largely shot from Nick's point of view was a neat device, too, in that as the viewer you know what he experienced off the top was real, yet for his family and even his own fragile sanity, there is incredible doubt about what is happening vs. what is simply a product of his drug addiction.

Overall a pretty big thumbs-up for me. Looking forward to the remaining five episodes of season 1 and the full-blown 13 episode order of season 2.

It's ok, I mean, it's not as bad as the original series. Really, who wants to see a bunch of hillbilly zombies anyway. Every episode I pry to Kirkman for him to kill off the whole horrible cast. No one quality actor in the bunch. In fear the walking dead at least we have some good actors.

If this show doesn't get any better, at least by season 7, I don't think I can bare to watch more than 10 or 15 seasons of this .

Tough crowd here.

Not sure what people were expecting, but AMC producers were clear from the start this is a companion series to TWD and not a spinoff (also in part due to the ongoing legal battles they have with show creator Frank Darabont), and that things were purposely going to be set at a different pace. As such, I went into it taking it at face value and thought it did a good job both with the opening and the closing sequences, then sprinkling in moments of dread throughout - the glimpse of a strange figure in the park, the bent over principal in his office in an increasingly-empty high school, the sequence on the highway, etc.

Character reactions to situations were largely spot-on, what with their inherent disbelief in what they were seeing and incomprehension about the attacks being captured on camera... yet a very rapid ramping-up of societal unease and mounting panic as the videos are shared at a clip you would expect in the real world. That the episode is largely shot from Nick's point of view was a neat device, too, in that as the viewer you know what he experienced off the top was real, yet for his family and even his own fragile sanity, there is incredible doubt about what is happening vs. what is simply a product of his drug addiction.

Overall a pretty big thumbs-up for me. Looking forward to the remaining five episodes of season 1 and the full-blown 13 episode order of season 2.

+1

Judging by some of the social media reactions people have NEVER seen The Walking Dead and can't fathom that it may be a story about how people treat each other and NOT about gore for the sake of gore. The idea that a zombie apocalypse is being used as a plot device to tell a more complex human story flies directly over their collective heads.

As I watched it last night I could sense that sometime soon we'd see a facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. post that looked something like this:

headsplatter_zpsepcq44th.jpg

One question

Why were they being diverted off a clear highway onto the ramp where there was an obvious issue?

They weren't being diverted...That was an off ramp that was blocked by an accident. People were exiting on their own and were getting stuck.