• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books known by numbers alone game. Can you guess the books just by issue number

4,499 posts in this topic

An interesting discussion occurred last weekend at the Con I was at. I started yelling out numbers of the books I wanted to see and the dealer was pretty spot on in getting me the prices of the books I wanted. I didn't even need to say which title the book was and he grabbed the right book. Guy next to me thought this was a trip since he had no clue what I was talking about half the time.

Certain issue numbers have become so popular or connected to that number the title becomes secondary. Just to test which books have made that jump I'm going to throw out a number and your task is to put up a cover scan of that book. If there is more then one answer offered then its up to the person who posted the number to say which title they were thinking of and declare the winner. If you pick an issue number with a ton of possible options (4 for example) you have to give a clue like Mag's Son & Daughter. The winner gets to post up their number and a short lived game is born:

I'll start it off with an easy one-

ASM. First Punisher.

To help extend the game a bit you have to post up a picture of the cover. Does not have to be a book you own - any pic grab will suffice.

I think a little bit differently. My mind went straight to this one :grin:

16812326610_3575820871.jpg

Sweet book for sure but not the book that comes to my head if you said you wanted to buy a 129.

Detective Comics #32 - Batman uses a gun for the first time.

754197.jpg

Golden Age fans are going to have a tough time in this contest :grin:

Some reason by mind went to X-Men 134 but its not really a book most people think about. How about this new hot book:

Jimmy%20Olsen%20134_zpsde6czulz.jpg