• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We miss you nik....

63 posts in this topic

Oak, if you enjoy doing the birthday thing, don't let the dorks here dissuade you. It's harmless, and fosters some good will in between all the specutards griping that they sold a Batman Adventures 12 for $1400 instead of $1500.

+1

I personally really do enjoy the birthday thread............. (thumbs u

Oak, PLEASE do not stop doing the birthday threads.

Seriously, man. DO NOT stop that. It's an awesome thing and it makes this board the best place to be.

Don't listen to the twits. Please.

Nik was a class act (worship)

I never met him but did talk to him over the phone and through the boards, and I don't think I ever heard a bad word about him.

Oak, don't let a few Richard Craniums stop you from posting well wishes for others.

I wish I'd got the chance to meet Nik, he was one of the most welcoming and friendly members to me when I joined. RIP, my friend.

I never knew the fella, he passed way before my time here but he sounds like an awesome guy. My sentiments echo what most people here are thinking. I also hope you don't stop with the HBD threads. I joined shortly before my birthday this past year, and have never felt so welcome to ANY forum I've been a member of as when I saw that HBD thread with my name on it. If you quit with them I can understand why.

So glad I had a chance to meet him at one of the NY shows. Great guy who loved his comics. He is missed.

Rich, what I remember about the day you met him was the fact that he had just driven in from Boston and as soon as he got into New York he was pizzed off at some driver and started honking his horn. Well who knew there was such thing as a "no honk zone" and some cop pulled him over and gave him a ticket. Stupidest law I ever heard of and so did Nik. That was the last weekend I ever saw him, and is the weekend the picture in my sig line was taken.

Happy birthday Nikky.

Jim

Always loved his grading contests..even though I was never any good at them!

Miss you Nik :(

I usually don’t care for memorializing on a chat board, but I feel very lucky to have known Nik a bit and also lucky that we lived in the same area. He had a huge heart and was an incalculable help in getting me up to speed when I got back into comics and joined the Boards. He was also very funny, and wasn’t shy about calling out BS. People talk about the whys and wherefores of how the Boards have changed over the years, but to me they started their decline after Nik passed.

I have a handful of books that came from Nik, both gifts and purchases, but this one may be the most special. At the 1st Boston Comic Con I had been thinking about buying this wall book but unsure about spending the dough. Well, Nik bought it while I was still waffling, but prompted by my outburst of regret he let me pick it up instead.

Cap100.jpg

Here’s a so-so photo from the same show; Nik on the left, Tuna X. Bushwick on the right.

NikDanny.jpg

I usually don’t care for memorializing on a chat board, but I feel very lucky to have known Nik a bit and also lucky that we lived in the same area. He had a huge heart and was an incalculable help in getting me up to speed when I got back into comics and joined the Boards. He was also very funny, and wasn’t shy about calling out BS. People talk about the whys and wherefores of how the Boards have changed over the years, but to me they started their decline after Nik passed.

I have a handful of books that came from Nik, both gifts and purchases, but this one may be the most special. At the 1st Boston Comic Con I had been thinking about buying this wall book but unsure about spending the dough. Well, Nik bought it while I was still waffling, but prompted by my outburst of regret he let me pick it up instead.

Cap100.jpg

Here’s a so-so photo from the same show; Nik on the left, Tuna X. Bushwick on the right.

NikDanny.jpg

NIK. Miss ya bud :sumo: