• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help on dealing with a bad seller...

16 posts in this topic

Early december i won and paied up a FF n°48 CGC 7.0 from a seller. I discovered later one (by his feedback account) later on, that 2 weeks after the end of the original auction, the seller puted up on sale again and sold it to another person.

Early january, upon a comic that never arrived, i check his feedback and discovered that my comic was sold to another person. I confronted him the situationa nd he ended up admiting what happened, by justifying my late payement (the seller was informed that i was in my country during hollidays and i would pay up a little late,and he was ok with it).

He said in mid january that he was going to refund me...he sent me almost 2 weeks ago a code from a (possible) refund sent by western union. until now i've received anything...

i'm seriouslly thinking that i'll never received anything from him, and i'm thinking using ebay actions to recover a part of my money.

What should i do?! Do i Open an Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described dispute?!

thanks for the advices and all the possible help,

regards, Pedro.

Open a non performing seller dispute

dickwad seller link

From eBay

"It's rare for a transaction to go wrong on eBay, but sometimes problems can occur. If you've got a problem with a transaction the Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process can help you resolve it.

Use this process when:

You paid for an item but didn't receive it, or

You paid for and received an item, but it was significantly different from the item description.

The most effective way to resolve transaction problems is direct and open communication between buyers and sellers. Once you initiate this process you will be able to communicate directly with your seller on the eBay Web site in order to resolve your problem.

Before you initiate this process, please make sure you have:

Reviewed the item listing carefully.

Emailed and called your seller.

Ensured eBay has your correct contact information.

Checked your spam filter for missed emails.

Learn more about the steps you should take before initiating this process.

You can begin this process at any time between 10 days and 60 days after the listing ended. Please enter the item number below and click Continue to get started."

Pedro,

Who is the eBay seller? How did you pay for this auction? popcorn.gif

>>>>> 2000th Post !<<<<< acclaim.gif

That's it?!

confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

Did I have you in suspense all this time? devil.gif

Hey, I used it for a good cause, try and help a brother out! makepoint.gif

check out the new sig line additions. gossip.gif

hi.gif

Pedro,

Who is the eBay seller? How did you pay for this auction? popcorn.gif

>>>>> 2000th Post !<<<<< acclaim.gif

Here's the links for the original auction (that i won and paied up in cash) and the reselling auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2289575825

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32731&item=2293259347

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

i've noticed i can't use the "non received item" action, since it passed more than 60 days after the end of the auction...

i already sent an email to ebay...i have the feeling i don't have much to hang on...the refund mirage is getting lesser than a vague mirage... 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

and to think this was going to be the first CGC comic in my coll.!!! frustrated.giffrown.gifcrazy.gif

I don't know if it works the same in the US, but in the UK I charge all my eBay purchases to a credit card via PayPal. That way, if I get stiffed I am covered by my credit card's online fraud protection. PayPal throw a hissy fit for initiating a chargeback, but they don't provide cover for all transactions, and eBay take 15 GBP for administration fees if you go through them.

Of course, this doesn't help you with this guy. Could you put pressure on him to send you a refund by mentioning legal action?

I drop by just to let you know (all the persons who posted/helped me) on this situation, that all ended well.

This morning i went to the post office and finally picked up the long awaited refund.

well, it seems i wtill don't have any CGC comics in my coll. afterall, 27_laughing.gif.

regards and thanks again fellas, Pedro.

I drop by just to let you know (all the persons who posted/helped me) on this situation, that all ended well.

This morning i went to the post office and finally picked up the long awaited refund.

well, it seems i wtill don't have any CGC comics in my coll. afterall, 27_laughing.gif.

regards and thanks again fellas, Pedro.

893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gifthumbsup2.gif

All ended well but I think you should still tell him (once the egghead leaves you feedback) to kiss your royal !

27_laughing.gif, i've told him that if he was honesta nd up front from day one he would have saved a lot of time/energy and some headaches...that he should look on the dictionary the defninitions of the words honor and responsability. mad.gif

that's all i've said...

Aces, it seems not everything wroked out well for your side...hope you've recovered well from lesser sweet past experiences. hang on... wink.gif

thanks fellas, regards, Pedro.