• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rick & Morty from Oni Press

83 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

There were three sales of 9.8s this month. All around $2,000.

The problem with all the shilling is that one person was bidding up all the books to a point but not winning them. We don't really know what the value would be if that had not happened. Maybe 9.8s would only be $500. Know way to know for sure. Looks like it will probably stay in that $1,500 - $2k mark for the immediate future considering the popularity of the show.

It's hard to say if those last 3 sales were real or not. I read through all the forum posts about the shilling and while it has artificially propped up the pricing of the comic for now, we have a pretty long lull before the new episodes come out and I think there's plenty of time for the comic to fall. 

With that said, due to the old population/rarity of the comic (steadily rising to 103+ now listed on CGC and unknown number on CBCS), that artificial price point may not hold in the near future. In fact, prices have been dropping since Spring. 

Does anyone have a good guess on how many 1:50 Roiland Variants were actually printed? When it first came out, people were guessing under 20, then it was 50, then 100, and now it's under 300 (even then I can see there being a lot more in the wings or at the publisher/printing). So I'm thinking whether this current pricing holds or not will depend a lot on the population of the comic. Any insightful guesses?

3 minutes ago, ucberic said:

It's hard to say if those last 3 sales were real or not. I read through all the forum posts about the shilling and while it has artificially propped up the pricing of the comic for now, we have a pretty long lull before the new episodes come out and I think there's plenty of time for the comic to fall. 

With that said, due to the old population/rarity of the comic (steadily rising to 103+ now listed on CGC and unknown number on CBCS), that artificial price point may not hold in the near future. In fact, prices have been dropping since Spring. 

Does anyone have a good guess on how many 1:50 Roiland Variants were actually printed? When it first came out, people were guessing under 20, then it was 50, then 100, and now it's under 300 (even then I can see there being a lot more in the wings or at the publisher/printing). So I'm thinking whether this current pricing holds or not will depend a lot on the population of the comic. Any insightful guesses?

don't forget the new rickmobile variants

13 hours ago, ucberic said:

1. There is no way to tell if any eBay sale is legit unless you personally are the buyer. eBay is currently what sets the market for most comics on a day-to-day basis.

2. We will probably never know how many were printed. Although, being an independent publisher you may be able to find the right person to get you close.

3. First sale of 2018 was $2,300. Last sale was $1,900. Low in between was $1,730 and high was $2,500. Pretty normal fluctuation for a book of this price. Especially when you consider how many coupons eBay has put out this year.