• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rick & Morty from Oni Press

83 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Some guy on a Facebook group posting his copy in 9.8 saying it's a modern age grail  smh

insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on Facebook consider every book to be a grail and can have boxes of various grails. Those pages make my brain hurt.

16 hours ago, IntoAnother said:

You may not know if it was shills “or just two people wanting an item”...and not paying for them, but I do. They are shills. 

I reached out to eBay several times and know for a fact that they are shills. It’s been going on for months and they have quite a bit of homework to do before they take action. 

For what reason are these two people consistently shilling these books for? 

I have no idea, but they are caught. It’s just a matter of time before they are dealt with by eBay, and very likely exposed here on the boards. 

You originally said:

16 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:
  18 hours ago, IntoAnother said:

Okay, I found it. Here’s the one that ended the other night that I was referring to. It was clearly shilled so I reached out to the seller and alerted him to the shill as it didn’t appear he was involved in this absurdly long shill.

Kudos to him for having the bids removed and blocking the shills all in the last hour or so if the auctions closing time. 

The bids were removed and it does not appear to have any of the 1:50 shills bids in it. 

RICK & MORTY #1 1:50 ROILAND VARIANT ONI PRESS 2015 JUSTIN ROILAND NM https://www.ebay.com/itm/263253841125?ul_noapp=true

If they hadn’t of been shilling for so long and so consitantly I can EASILY see raw copies of this book going for around $500 on the average. 

But when I pointed out the two bidders who remained in the auction (once shills were removed according to the above) who bid over $1200, you now say they are also shills? Sorry, it's hard to keep track.

13 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You originally said:

But when I pointed out the two bidders who remained in the auction (once shills were removed according to the above) who bid over $1200, you now say they are also shills? Sorry, it's hard to keep track.

That’s not what I said. I said the sale appearred to be legit after the shills bids I was familiar with were removed.

Jay pointed out the other bidders that also bid, and who’s bids were not removed as possible shills. I neither agreed or disagreed with him. 

That book has made no sense for a while. Have been wondering how so many copies of a 1:50 variant on a relatively low print run book has so many copies on eBay at all times. 

Are the same sellers relisting the sold books?

I think all R&M's will dip over the next few months. When season 4 gets announced and the hype comes back to the show, they will heat up again. The regular #1 is tough in 9.8 with that black back cover that scratches so easily. Hope they dip big time so I can snatch some up ?

20 minutes ago, Lex_Luthor said:

I hope prices dip a bit. There are still a few earlier issues I would love to get my hands one.

I would also love to pick up the R&M: PLYSI #1 Nintendo Power variant. Anybody know the print run on this one? $300 is pricey.

The Nintendo Power variant is an awesome cover, but I agree that $300 for a 9.8 is a bit too pricey. 

For what it’s worth the staff at the Oni booth informed me that the last two R&M convention blanks Oni has released have had print runs in the ballpark of 1100-1300. 

I’m not saying the Nintendo Power variant also has a print run of 1000+, just thought it may be of some help to know a few other R&M con variant print runs they have released. 

On 10/20/2017 at 1:50 PM, IntoAnother said:

The Nintendo Power variant is an awesome cover, but I agree that $300 for a 9.8 is a bit too pricey. 

For what it’s worth the staff at the Oni booth informed me that the last two R&M convention blanks Oni has released have had print runs in the ballpark of 1100-1300. 

I’m not saying the Nintendo Power variant also has a print run of 1000+, just thought it may be of some help to know a few other R&M con variant print runs they have released. 

Good info on the blanks, thanks. It seems to me that they seem to keep the con variants between 1000-1500. The Last Of Us variant was 1500.

I missed out on the #30 blank and the Nintendo variant when they went on sale on Oni's site. Oh well can't have it all.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:20 AM, IntoAnother said:

Just to clear this up: this was my auction. You'd reached out to me on eBay after which I blocked those bidders who were suspected shills. The auction sold for $1201, the high bidder didn't pay (or reply whatsoever). I had shill-fever after reading all these posts on this and the other thread, imagining that possibly everyone who bid on this auction at all was a shill and opened a non-payment case. I then re-listed the auction to try to recoup something for this book and at the 11th hour (literally) the original buyer paid for the 1st auction. I took down the BIN auction at that time.

FYI here’s the guy who’s been shilling and driving the price up on all these books.... now we see why....

Rick And Morty #1 Justin Roiland Variant CGC 9.8 April-15 1:50 HTF SUPER RARE 1D https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182870895268

37 minutes ago, ebixter said:

FYI here’s the guy who’s been shilling and driving the price up on all these books.... now we see why....

Rick And Morty #1 Justin Roiland Variant CGC 9.8 April-15 1:50 HTF SUPER RARE 1D https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182870895268

:whatthe:

hm

Tons of Roiland sketch SS have popped up on the bay in the last couple of weeks. The bay is flooded now. Prices are high even with the sheer volume of available issues, not much selling.

Did Roiland do a private sketch signing or something? Wondering where all of these came from all of a sudden.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:37 AM, Lex_Luthor said:

Tons of Roiland sketch SS have popped up on the bay in the last couple of weeks. The bay is flooded now. Prices are high even with the sheer volume of available issues, not much selling.

Did Roiland do a private sketch signing or something? Wondering where all of these came from all of a sudden.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I believe one of the members on here is even selling a couple in the Modern selling section. I recently got to meet him at Playstation Experience 2017 here in Anaheim, CA but i completely forgot to being anything Rick & Morty so i ended up getting a poster of his new video game signed. 

On 12/14/2017 at 1:37 PM, Lex_Luthor said:

He was at Rhode Island comic con recently, so maybe those are starting to show up now?

8 hours ago, cms1 said:

He was at Rhode Island comic con recently, so maybe those are starting to show up now?

Ya you are right could be. I just wasn't sure he was doing sketches. I know he wasn't at the Fan Expo in Canada because he was way too busy, but maybe RI wasn't as busy.

I hope prices come down some, would love one but I am only in at about $200 lol