• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, paul747 said:

yea except for the second print where she is on the cover in full uniform using her powers! no mistake there.

Ultimately I think this will be the book to have, but while it's the first depiction of her as Ms Marvel, Point One is her first story as Ms Marvel. I'm very happy that I was forced to "settle" for a second print of the former the day after they announced the Captain Marvel movie and I went hunting for back issues.

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Ultimately I think this will be the book to have, but while it's the first depiction of her as Ms Marvel, Point One is her first story as Ms Marvel. I'm very happy that I was forced to "settle" for a second print of the former the day after they announced the Captain Marvel movie and I went hunting for back issues.

I agree... CM17 2nd print....... ANMPO 1:75 ... and last ANMPO regular cover.

So back to Kamala...

Some fun CGC Census numbers in the pic. 

CM #14 Conner 1:30 - 1 of 11 in 9.8

CM #14 $3.99 Newsstand - 3 of 4 total graded

CM #17 2nd - 1 of 175 in 9.8 (the other is graded by a different company)

CM #17 1:20 - just for fun

ANMNPO #1 1:75 - 3 of 11 in 9.8

1,000 words...

C07C8F1C-DACB-41C4-B369-D2BE1CDA5FEF.jpeg

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Don't take it too hard. Some are a little hard on new members here. They are correct though Mile High is a terrible source
because he has a financial interest in that information.

Just want to note that I wasn't trying to be hard on a new member. Just that you're not going to make many friends my sharing bad information and choosing to stand by that decision. Mile High has a MAJOR financial interest in getting people to believe that newsstands are rarer than they might be. They're not a newsstand so they don't have first-hand experience on what a newsstand receives. Just check what they're trying to sell them for.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Just want to note that I wasn't trying to be hard on a new member. Just that you're not going to make many friends my sharing bad information and choosing to stand by that decision. Mile High has a MAJOR financial interest in getting people to believe that newsstands are rarer than they might be. They're not a newsstand so they don't have first-hand experience on what a newsstand receives. Just check what they're trying to sell them for.

Yea, that would be like touting rare "varaiants" and relative prices and then showing your collection of said "rares".

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That is what I told him when he PMed me as well. Then I blocked him from PMs as I had spent too much time on it already!

This is my favorite Kamala variant. I have two girls who are half Punjabi on mom’s side. We really dig the cultural aspects Kamala represents as well as a strong female lead  I want my girls to grow up confident, gracious, and kind. 

Trying to manage to swing a full set for each of them for when they are older. 

FA5DD956-F575-4BA7-A8CF-2C262D6EE9F5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Someone grab Valiantman's chart about newsstands and post it here that probably the best
single picture that sums up the newsstand circulation.

Maybe for the sake of this thread, that discussion can continue on the Newsstand thread. Let’s stick to Kamala. 

I do have a question regarding Diamond distribution numbers. Doesn’t anyone know if these numbers Diamond put out are accurate?

B150A2A0-67DC-4E05-B46A-FD2E7CD8C489.png

41 minutes ago, Xatari said:

Maybe for the sake of this thread, that discussion can continue on the Newsstand thread. Let’s stick to Kamala. 

Threads here are like untamed rivers, they seek their own paths. When there is kamala khan stuff to be discussed it will happen but trying to change the course of the river won't get you very far, better to chart your course and hang on!

I see Monica Rambeau (did she have a different first name in the trailer?) in the Captain Marvel trailers and hope that Kamala will have a cameo as well. It would be a great Easter egg!

59 minutes ago, Xatari said:

I do have a question regarding Diamond distribution numbers. Doesn’t anyone know if these numbers Diamond put out are accurate?

B150A2A0-67DC-4E05-B46A-FD2E7CD8C489.png

Wow, you have a lot of learning to do. I would hold off making any claims on "print runs" and relative ratios until take more time to study the information that is out there. There is a ton of good information and knowledgeable individuals on this board alone.

RMA, someone at the door for you!

(I used this yesterday in the OA forum and like it!)

Edited by Bird
If he thinks we have been harsh wait until RMA shows him what is what!