• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

Why not buy them all?

I was trying to stress that there's a big difference between "Marvel Now's Point One" and "All New Marvel Now's Point One".

Isn't Kamala actually on the other cover in costume?

Correct. Although I :cloud9: some of the variant covers to Ms Marvel #1.

I don't think there's a 1k-2k print run on CM 17 2nd print, I find it hard to believe is that low, if it is, 9.8's should be selling for $500 right about now.

Looking at Captain Marvel 17 1st print, Comichron has it @ #120 with 18-19K for Nov 2013. (don't know what % is added to get actual numbers, but it's something to work with)

Dec 2013 and Jan 2014, Feb 2014 doesn't have Captain Marvel 17 (which would be 2nd print) even listed in the top 400; #400 tops out at around 1.4K for each month.

Looking at the bay, not too many listings for CM17 2nd print (I count 32...with some being multiples) sold since January. Currently only two posted.

Look at Enormous #3...it has print run of 3-4K and it has 102 sold listings since January with 20 or so listed currently. Not a fair or logical comparison, but its the only one that came to my head this early in the morning.

Edited by azcards4ever

It has been stated a couple of times.... in order....

CM 14 cameo (weak)

CM 17 full back page cameo (Semi weak)

CM 17 2nd print... Kamala on back page and on cover full appearance of here in costume.

Pre-dates point one and ms marvel #1 (strongest because of cover)

Point One... First full story. (variants) (strong)

Ms Marvel # 1 first title. (variants) ( semi-strong)

I have been researching the second print . I have contacted several sources including diamond. I believe the second print for CM 17 is the book to own I also believe there was 5 cases of 200 copies of this book printed bringing the total to 1000 copies. It has been hinted at but no one will confirm it as fact. But I have received what would be considered a wink confirmation.

I would also like to track down a rumor that the cover used for the second print for captain marvel 17 2nd was originally going to be a variant for ms marvel #1 and was used in a hurry for the unexpected 2nd print and thats why it was the original artist.. ( somebody can ask at a convention?)

Kamala has been a breath of fresh air. Her character development has been incredible and in my opinion is one of marvels best creations in 20 plus years...

If the second print for captain marvel 17 2nd is really 1,000 copies this book will go down as super rare and A very KEY modern...... I do own several . Heck I own all of the above and variants in multiples... But the 17 2nd is not an easy find in multiples or in high grade.

If your a reader .... read Shield #2 (i think) the interaction between kamala and Coulson was great !

Edited by paul747

No way that book is worth $250 for a cover!

+1

CM 17 2nd Print is more of an advertisement or a preview IMHO. There's nothing substantial about Kamala inside the comic other than the bicep cameo (shrug) . The power of CGC and their labels are amazing sometimes.

No way that book is worth $250 for a cover!

+1

CM 17 2nd Print is more of an advertisement or a preview IMHO. There's nothing substantial about Kamala inside the comic other than the bicep cameo (shrug) . The power of CGC and their labels are amazing sometimes.

Ill take her first appearance on the cover (as Ms Marvel) all day long.... I think a lot of collectors will. Better than an advertizement or a promo first appearance. It does pre- date Ms marvel #1

If that low print is ever confirmed you will be kicking yourself about that low 250.00 price. Look at Harley's book for a cartoon non continuity appearance and 25,000.00 printed.

Edited by paul747