• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

Hey guys! :)

The key comments for All-New Marvel Now! Point One #1 say:

1st full appearance of the new Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan).

Awesome! (thumbs u

Paulo, now you have to give me one of your Point Ones… :baiting:

Just kidding, I’d be perfectly fine with a second print… I like the color scheme better too. lol

Cm 17 2nd boils down to a cameo and 2nd cameo at that
Nope....I have many point ones... CM 17 2nd print Is the first cover man and the cameo. I know you don't want to pay the price to grab one and that's cool but keep the facts straight . Don't be a hater ... I'll take all 4 and point one will never ever be half as rare as this tricky 2nd print. The point one variant and the 17 2nd are the best two period.

Now that ANMN Point One has the "1st Full App" designation, I can see the common collector gravitating to this book. CM 17 2nd is waaaaay too over priced for a joe-blow and young collectors - the only way that this book could move are through speculators with deep pockets buying off of each other.

I don't think the 30k print run hurts ANMN because there are likely more collectors than printed copies (shrug) . Also, this book is tough to find in high grade - bindery tears and spine creases is very common. Sure, CM 17 2nd has a lower print run, but that's because it is a reprint. It has Kamala Khan on the cover to give the readers a glimpse of what's to come - more of a teaser book IMO.

If I come across an affordable copy of CM 17 2nd in the wild, I'll definitely grab it!

Awesome! (thumbs u

Paulo, now you have to give me one of your Point Ones… :baiting:

hm you have a U.S. mailing address right?

This debate sounds pretty much hollow as it’s not clear if we are talking of what is more "desirable" as a book and what is the actual first Ms. Marvel story.

The Point One is clearly the first story (I have not read it, but it has been confirmed) while the second print of Captain Marvel #17 may be desirable and scarcer but it doesn’t change the fact it’s not the first story and of course proper appearance.

This does not mean the #17 should be less valuable, it just means most people do not care about such details, but want to have the story, and as much as one might like the cover variants, it’s something additional.

And please, it’s Kamala Khan, not Kamala Kahn. :P

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Spelling errors noted. Either way I do agree that Kamala is a throwback to the original marvel days of real creation and I hope they keep her on that path. Real fun to read and I am a fan.

As it was stated earlier I am waiting to see how the market will react to her 1st full app. I can't wait until I get the 3 variants back from CGC and I have 16 copies of the regular covers that I might sub as well. I am also interested in the dynamic of her, Miles and Nova in the ANAD Avengers.

Edited by carter3175

Cover first appearences... always.. Yes every single time... MATTER in collectors eyes. If Kamala continues her climb in popularity CM 17 2nd will look cheap. Hulk #180 is getting expensive , could you even imagine if Wolverine was on the cover? If he was and had the back page cameo, I think history would be different for hulk 181. Time will tell. Teaser book? 1st ever real look ...check.....great cover...check... Powers...check...original artist...check..

Point one is a preview book ... No that's the teaser.. it is first story.(important)

So the new "CGC" lable for Captain Marvel 17 2nd print should read... Pre-dates Ms Marvel #1 and All new point one preview...... If your in need of the lable for verification of what your collecting.

As it was stated earlier I am waiting to see how the market will react to her 1st full app. I can't wait until I get the 3 variants back from CGC and I have 16 copies of the regular covers that I might sub as well. I am also interested in the dynamic of her, Miles and Nova in the ANAD Avengers.
+1 I think that could be great.

:news::news::news:

I just got off the phone with CGC and they will make a post here soon guys!!!!! Our questions will be answered!!!

I always find this interesting, because when you think about it, does CGC really benefit by clearing this issue up? Not really. If they keep it vague, they get several more books submitted, which helps their bottom line.

Doing the job you are paid to do, business ethics, shall I keep going?

What's with Hulk 180/181 analogy? Wolverine is in the story on both books, albeit more prominent on 181, and they are surely not a reprint.

I did not say CM 17 2nd should be less valuable. All I'm saying is CM 17 2nd now has narrowed down group of speculators / "collectors" willing to go after a copy - the ones with deep pockets. If a young collector (future of this hobby) is looking for Kamala Khan's 1st App, would he/she go for ANMN at an affordable price or CM 17 2nd at a premium? It will be more than likely that he'll go for the more practical option. He/she may go after CM 17 2nd but it will be low on the priority list - the young collector probably thought that it is smarter to put that money towards a SA key by Kirby than pay a premium for a reprint with a nice cover drawn by Alphona. Who knows (shrug)

So if the stand alone story in ANMN is a "preview" for Kamala, DC Comics Presents 27 should also be a preview for NTT?

What's with Hulk 180/181 analogy? Wolverine is in the story on both books, albeit more prominent on 181, and they are surely not a reprint.

I did not say CM 17 2nd should be less valuable. All I'm saying is CM 17 2nd now has narrowed down group of speculators / "collectors" willing to go after a copy - the ones with deep pockets. If a young collector (future of this hobby) is looking for Kamala Khan's 1st App, would he/she go for ANMN at an affordable price or CM 17 2nd at a premium? It will be more than likely that he'll go for the more practical option. He/she may go after CM 17 2nd but it will be low on the priority list - the young collector probably thought that it is smarter to put that money towards a SA key by Kirby than pay a premium for a reprint with a nice cover drawn by Alphona. Who knows (shrug)

So if the stand alone story in ANMN is a "preview" for Kamala, DC Comics Presents 27 should also be a preview for NTT?

The modern "young collector" mostly buys trades and digital anyway. I've seen them post their collections on reddit and other places it's shelves of trades and omnibuses (omnibi?). It's hard to imagine a more serious young collector foregoing the book of their favorite character in favor of a nice Forever People. And when I was a young collector I wanted THE book, the desirable one. I don't think either has narrowed its appeal to a specific "collector," it's the speculator/collector that is determining the future appreciation of all these books, as it always is. The "sensible" young person was probably going to trade-wait anyway.

The modern "young collector" mostly buys trades and digital anyway. I've seen them post their collections on reddit and other places it's shelves of trades and omnibuses (omnibi?). It's hard to imagine a more serious young collector foregoing the book of their favorite character in favor of a nice Forever People. And when I was a young collector I wanted THE book, the desirable one. I don't think either has narrowed its appeal to a specific "collector," it's the speculator/collector that is determining the future appreciation of all these books, as it always is. The "sensible" young person was probably going to trade-wait anyway.

I don't doubt that the price of CM 17 2nd will stay strong because speculators will keep moving copies amongst themselves - if a young collector (mostly with limited income) wants to go at it, more power to them. When I was a young collector, I also wanted THE book. I'm just glad that my common sense prevailed and I'm able to enjoy this hobby stress free.

CM 17 2nd is definitely a desirable book but why overpay when you can get a nice first full appearance in ANMN at a much affordable price? Maybe I'm just naive to think that collecting in a sustainable manner is very much alive.

I don't doubt that the price of CM 17 2nd will stay strong because speculators will keep moving copies amongst themselves - if a young collector (mostly with limited income) wants to go at it, more power to them. When I was a young collector, I also wanted THE book. I'm just glad that my common sense prevailed and I'm able to enjoy this hobby stress free.

CM 17 2nd is definitely a desirable book but why overpay when you can get a nice first full appearance in ANMN at a much affordable price? Maybe I'm just naive to think that collecting in a sustainable manner is very much alive.

What copies?. And in case you have not read hulk 180 it's a one page ...panel cameo with a word bubble.. It's a good analogy. Your common sense is clearly not common.

This debate sounds pretty much hollow as its not clear if we are talking of what is more "desirable" as a book and what is the actual first Ms. Marvel story.

The Point One is clearly the first story (I have not read it, but it has been confirmed) while the second print of Captain Marvel #17 may be desirable and scarcer but it doesnt change the fact its not the first story and of course proper appearance.

This does not mean the #17 should be less valuable, it just means most people do not care about such details, but want to have the story, and as much as one might like the cover variants, its something additional.

And please, its Kamala Khan, not Kamala Kahn. :P

Kahn is a hotdog....Khan is a warrior.

Awesome! (thumbs u

So does that mean ANMN > CM17-2nd As far as significance?

Awesome! (thumbs u

So does that mean ANMN > CM17-2nd As far as significance?

No, not necessarily. It just means this debate will continue on until the collecting public makes a clear decision. And I wouldn't count the factions in this thread as the collecting public. There are some here who prefer one book, some who prefer another and some who have both.

I happen to have both. I bought both when they were cheap, but prefer the CM 17 - 2nd because it is a book that actually has to do with the Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel character, also because it has a full cover depiction of the character seen in costume for the first time by the artist that draws her. ANMN! PO does have an original short story, but at the end of the day, it's a preview book grouped with other stories. To each their own.

The second print is a "Design" cover.

It almost seems like an ad that has been placed on the cover, since it doesn't really correlate to what is happening inside the book.

The ANMN has a fun story inside, where she talks, is in costume, announces her name and wrestles with a fridge at the dump.

CM 14 2nd print has the best looking cover and predates 1point. To me, that is the book to own, but people can buy whatever they want, jus like I choose to buy CM 14' 2nd prints. Cant read slabbed books anyways, might as well buy the one with the best cover.

To everyone screaming "who wants a preview comic?" the Ms Marvel story that appears in ANMN "Garden State of Mind" is an original story that you can't get anywhere else.

To everyone screaming "who wants a preview comic?" the Ms Marvel story that appears in ANMN "Garden State of Mind" is an original story that you can't get anywhere else.

It's actually collected along with Ms. Marvel Issues #1-5 in the first Trade Paperback.