• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

One relisted item??? Hahahaaa..really? Wow! This shows the buying did not pay for the item..that happens very often on ebay..nice try though..seems to me you are really reaching on this one.. you must not have this book but want one so bad that your mad you missed the boat ;)

Dude, calm.... down.

You're like that spastic guy on the dance floor that constantly makes a spectacle of himself.

I haven't used the ignore function in a long time but this guy is ridiculous. :insane:

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo !

All the more reason to take this all with a heavy grain of salt.

It may not be rotten, but it sure stinks likes last week's fish.

Dude I really feel like your a paint by numbers kinda guy.. This guy flipped on and doubled his money on my slabs. He had possession of at least six copies. So I believe he had the books. Why he could not take his own scans is another story. . Go fishing somewhere else. Edited by paul747

This guy is selling 9.8 books. the pictures and certification numbers he is using are from my sales and scans. I asked him why he is using my stuff and he blocked me! i reported it but nothing ever happened. .. BUT THOSE ARE NOT SHILLS OR FAKE SALES ! his listings state stock photo !

So he only steals photos to list books he may or may not have? I'm sold. Buy with confidence! :insane:

read above genius ! (: Edited by paul747

If someone was going to spend $1000 on a book, or hold it hoping it would go higher, you'd think they'd welcome an acid test on its future viability...or even its current viability.

But no, they're rather white knight the book instead if anyone dares question the validity of its current value.

One relisted item??? Hahahaaa..really? Wow! This shows the buying did not pay for the item..that happens very often on ebay..nice try though..seems to me you are really reaching on this one.. you must not have this book but want one so bad that your mad you missed the boat ;)

Dude, calm.... down.

You're like that spastic guy on the dance floor that constantly makes a spectacle of himself.

I haven't used the ignore function in a long time but this guy is ridiculous. :insane:
there is a new way to ignore people . CBT has it pm him.

If someone was going to spend $1000 on a book, or hold it hoping it would go higher, you'd think they'd welcome an acid test on its future viability...or even its current viability.

But no, they're rather white knight the book instead if anyone dares question the validity of its current value.

really? whats white knight it mean? do you mean fight the ignorance?

You're giving us info that others wouldn't be privy to, so from the outside perspective (those who don't read this thread or know your posts), you have to admit it looks.... odd.

So you know he made some flips and so that's great that he made some bucks, but without you coming here to give us that info, it would look like a red flag.

Do you see where I was coming from?

Not all "peculiar" sales are bogus and so if you say these are clean, then that's all we need to know.

:cool:

Its no secret i hold this book. I stupidly sold a couple more than I should have.(hard to replace) I would definitely say the book is going into flippers hands more than collectors. The sale prices are very real ! as for the web sites pumping this book or the self declared " CM17 rainmaker" I can see how those type of things make people question the book.

I have 8 CGC graded copies left of the multiple copies I had when the book was in the $4-$12 dollar range. I also have multiple copies of all of her first run and appearances. I have read the story and absolutely loved it and bought more and more. I agree with some of the collectors/ sellers, who knows if this character has legs but for me she was a breath of fresh air. At first IT was a long term hold, but supply was tight and prices are crazy . So when an opportunity arose to do a little flipping for a silver book IT was a no brainier. Like it or hate it "when in rome !"

Edited by paul747

You're giving us info that others wouldn't be privy to, so from the outside perspective (those who don't read this thread or know your posts), you have to admit it looks.... odd.

So you know he made some flips and so that's great that he made some bucks, but without you coming here to give us that info, it would look like a red flag.

Not all "peculiar" sales are bogus and so if you say these are clean, then that's all we need to know.

Yes I see. That's why i was trying to explain it to you. I really do like most of you !

Yes I see. That's why i was trying to explain it to you. I really do like most of you !
I hate the flipping feeling really , Thats why i have even given away 5 copies of this book. the guy in question really did double flip the flipper. lol

Oh noooooo!! What would i do without all this forums negativity toward the industry and ubsurd accusations of market manipulation. Please...please sir! I beg you..i will do anything. Please dont be a RAT and tell mommy on me!! Sad little man :)

Oh noooooo!! What would i do without all this forums negativity toward the industry and ubsurd accusations of market manipulation. Please...please sir! I beg you..i will do anything. Please dont be a RAT and tell mommy on me!! Sad little man :)
really .Try to play nice and make some friends . just be half hostile . Be prepared to repeat yourself. The rants are not going to get you far. They will beat you down bro !

I hate the flipping feeling really , Thats why i have even given away 5 copies of this book. the guy in question really did double flip the flipper. lol

Paul, this doesn't explain the single "buyer" of (at least) 5 copies in the last 30 days or so, essentially this one person has caused what appears to be a rapid escalation in "value", when it is in fact essentially one buyer who is one upping his own prior purchases with all of these suspicious looking "BIN" from a small pool of sellers who are each holding multiple high grade copies of this "rare" book.

There are clearly not natural market forces at work here. The game is, at least partly, rigged and should be a point of concern for anyone who is considering buying this book at this time.

-J.

Paul, this doesn't explain the single "buyer" of (at least) 5 copies in the last 30 days or so, essentially this one person has caused what appears to be a rapid escalation in "value", when it is in fact essentially one buyer who is one upping his own prior purchases with all of these suspicious looking "BIN" from a small pool of sellers who are each holding multiple high grade copies of this "rare" book.

There are clearly not natural market forces at work here. The game is, at least partly, rigged and should be a point of concern for anyone who is considering buying this book at this time.

-J.

Partially right. But there is way more than what he bought and flipped . The right value was in the 575.00 range that was the trigger price. this guy got mine of eBay and flipped but there where others, a lot of them. What your seeing is that he controlled it higher because there are not a lot of people selling. It's rare enough for a first appearance of what could be a major non ret-con character but there is a 1000 copies out there. Not Unlike one of those rare rare spider-man ghosts you have, this is a tiny print run in comparison for a major appearance. There is crazy demand to scale. I think the book is a long term major player but agree that it is getting the flipper treatment. I openly admit that's what I did. I had over 30 different single offers just on a 9.6 all in the 350.00 to 400.00 range .

I really dont know about a seller buying his own books but we have seen that before (hawkman #4)I would not put that past some of these guys !

Edited by paul747

Only two of my cgc 9.8 sales where on eBay j . The rest where off of eBay, but multiple copies to a single buyer. A lot of what is on eBay is pretty legit. Supply and demand.

2 of the most recent $800.00 plus sales are a boardie who is definitely legit. I also have countless offers for the few I have left and I am in a holding pattern.

Edited by paul747

Only two of my cgc 9.8 sales where on eBay j . The rest where off of eBay, but multiple copies to a single buyer. A lot of what is on eBay is pretty legit. Supply and demand.

2 of the most recent $800.00 plus sales are a boardie who is definitely legit. I also have countless offers for the few I have left and I am in a holding pattern.

As of less than 3 months ago the NM copies I offered up had huge resistance at $150. I can send you scans of the books. They were both very nice copies and had only 1 offer on ebay and 1 offer on the boards. The selling prices of $135 and $130 were reasonable at the time but within 8 weeks the book tripled in value for no reason other than new highs of 9.8 slabs being sold. Of course the recent sales are legit. The hype of this book has already happened. I guess the next step is a buy it now 9.8 being sold for $1200. Then $1500. If you're so confident of the books staying power I'd love to see a 9.8 get sold on a reputable auction site for $1000+..

it seems like there are two camps at the moment

1. those who have the book and love the current state of the market and don't care how it got to that point and whether sales are legit or market manipulation

2. those who don't have the book and are looking at the reported sales with a critical eye and are questioning the market based on duplication of serial numbers around sales, repeated sales by the same seller, repeated buys by the same buyer and what appears to be quick turn-arounds on books bought and then resold within a few days.

group 1 has a vested interest in defending the market, group 2 isnt going to move them off that.

and with that

UISHR1S.gif