• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

What is the extent of her involvement with the Point One issue?

There is a short 8-12 page story starring Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel.

That's the book that I want then. I can't wrap my head around a 2nd print cover and a cameo being legit 1st appearances

If not for the cover appearance on Captain #17 2nd print, I'd say ANMN Point One would be THE key issue to have. But that CM cover definitely muddies the waters.

Also, I think the extremely low print run of Captain #17 2nd print makes it attractive. It's not listed in Comichron numbers, with people speculating print run numbers are in the 1K-2K region.

I think the market is muddy as well on this one; no clear winner....yet.

CGC is factually correct regarding the labels:

CM #14 - 1st cameo Kamala Khan

CM #17 - 2nd cameo Kamala Khan

CM #17 2nd Print - Ms. Marvel cover that pre-dates Ms. Marvel #1

I've yet to see the label for ANMN Point One because there are next to none graded. BUT, I did send a copy in this week and I suggested they label it "1st Full Appearance of the new Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)". We shall see.

I hate the "person on the street" as cameo - if that single panel is the extent of her appearance there... It could literally be anyone.

It's like that Spider-Gwen "cameo" in the Hawkeye book.

What was posted from CM #14 is IT. It's literally a one panel cameo.

Nobody even knew it was Kamala until Kelly Sue DeConnick or the artist pointed it out.

Once again, Kamala Khan was purposely placed in Captain Marvel #14 for a reason. There is no debate for Captain Marvel #14 as 1st Appearance.

Captain Marvel writer Kelly Sue DeConnick revealed that Khan actually made a brief appearance in Captain Marvel #14 (August 2013) saying, "Kamala is in the background of a scene in Captain Marvel 14... She is very deliberately placed in a position where she sees Carol protecting civilians from Yon-Rogg."

I hate the "person on the street" as cameo - if that single panel is the extent of her appearance there... It could literally be anyone.

It's like that Spider-Gwen "cameo" in the Hawkeye book.

What was posted from CM #14 is IT. It's literally a one panel cameo.

Nobody even knew it was Kamala until Kelly Sue DeConnick or the artist pointed it out.

So the writer knew it was her. The creator of the character knew it was her. Is that 'nobody'? Or the only person that really matters for this discussion?

I have no stake in this character, but as an outside observer, my opinion is that those cameos both suck. They're basically on par with the Doomsday's fist and Venom's arm cameos. I don't think a second print cover changes that.

I'd go with whatever full appearance came first after those cameos as the book to own.

I have no stake in this character, but as an outside observer, my opinion is that those cameos both suck. They're basically on par with the Doomsday's fist and Venom's arm cameos. I don't think a second print cover changes that.

I'd go with whatever full appearance came first after those cameos as the book to own.

:headbang:

Mile high is selling All New Marvel Now Point One variant for $150. These guys always lose their mind on variant prices.

What are you talking about? That's a bargain for a raw book that's probably a 7.5 at best. :insane:

Mile high is selling All New Marvel Now Point One variant for $150. These guys always lose their mind on variant prices.

What are you talking about? That's a bargain for a raw book that's probably a 7.5 at best. :insane:

I have 3 copies of Point One variant and I will wait and see how yours is labeled before I submit. lol

I have 3 copies of Point One variant and I will wait and see how yours is labeled before I submit. lol

Just make sure you save me a copy. :grin:

Mine went to CCS for a Quickpress and will be in a MST/Pre-screen batch. I'll let you know in 6-months when I have it back. :sick: