• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

As for ANMN Point One, yeah there's a stand alone 8-page story in there where you can see her full introduction and the scope of her powers - It's pretty cool actually. I picked up a couple for $2/ea at my LCS yesterday. You should be able to pick one up at a bargain too. I actually bought my 10-yr old daughter a TPB of Ms. Marvel to get her off her Archies.

I can also understand why some folks gravitate to those teaser issues - it appears that cool covers and inherent lower print runs are enough for some to pay the premium.

Good move with your daughter: Ms. Marvel is surely a good improvement over current Archies, I guess. :D

BTW, the repetition about Warlock just comes natural: it takes a good deal of blindness to affirm otherwise. :shrug: No one says Thor #165 isn’t a "cool cover", but again, a comic is not its cover, as much as we may love covers. There are also excellent issues (even keys) with bad, bad covers.

All New Marvel Point One and Ms Marvel 1 will be the books collectors will want.

Not judging by the CM 17 2nd print sales.

I agree. Current sales indicates CM 17 2nd is more desirable.

However, long term ANMN Point One has more substance to offer. All the copies I come across in the wild all have bindery tears at the top and bottom corners of the spine. Also, this book have been overlooked since it first came out and I doubt people are taking good care of their copies. I am guessing not very much high grades are out there.

All New Marvel Point One and Ms Marvel 1 will be the books collectors will want.

Not judging by the CM 17 2nd print sales.

I agree. Current sales indicates CM 17 2nd is more desirable.

However, long term ANMN Point One has more substance to offer. All the copies I come across in the wild all have bindery tears at the top and bottom corners of the spine. Also, this book have been overlooked since it first came out and I doubt people are taking good care of their copies. I am guessing not very much high grades are out there.

CM 17 2nd is going to be the key.. It already is.... Try to find them ... Besides the over bloated ones on eBay right now.. All 3 books do have their place ....

CM 17 2nd. Cameo and first cover, first full appearence in costume..

Point one.. First preview story ...first full

MS marvel... 1st solo series..

Agree on point one but at least you can find them for under 30-100 bucks in decent shape.

All 3 are collectible.. My favorite is the 2nd print and want to learn more about it.

Edited by paul747

Yeah, I'd like to get a copy of the 2nd print for my collection for sure. But I'm not breaking a sweat looking for a reprint. If I come a across it, great! If not, no big deal.

Kamala's first full appearance is readily available and can be acquired for a good deal. It's really a no brainer. IMO

My approach towards this hobby is different than yours. It does not mean my approach is better and vice versa.

How can it be a cameo, and a first full appearance in costume, all in one book?!?!?!

That hurts my head.

I think people will want the #17 2nd print in the long run due to the cover appearance, and the print run.

My opinion, for whatever that is worth.

Welcome to the new world of comics the past 2 years.

The concept of cameo and 1st appearance have been turned on their ears the last two years.

I agree. The thing I have had the toughest time adjusting to is 2nd prints, and I'm not talking about store or con variants but reorders that sit at the LCS, becoming as expensive as 1st prints. With few exceptions ( different cover) they are randomly chosen to be "hot". It doesn't affect me often as I almost exclusively preorder 1st prints a couple of months before they hit stores but it is perplexing to say the least.

The cameo vs 1st full or important appearance has been going on for at least 30 plus years. I've never understood it. You have Wolverine's 1st appearance which is completely the opposite of Darkseid. I can't figure it out, much less explain it. lol

Comic collectors are both random and complicated imo. lol

I took a break from comics for a few years and came back to second prints being called "variants" lol

lol

Yep, that is the kind of stuff I'm speaking of in general.

with the amount of money to be made in today's group of speculators, why not go the extra mile broadcast those reprints as "variants"?