• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

Unless someone specifically asked them to add something to the label, they will be blank, I believe.

So if i send in a copy of superman 628 and add a note to add "1st app rock" they'll do it? Would prob have to sneak in a tip or something though, right?

Can you call them and discuss notations for comics you sent in.....1st full appearance(and its a 1st print not a 2nd like that cm 17) would look nice

What your missing is that the second print is a totally different cover, the first print is nothing but a cameo the 2nd print is the undisputed first appearence of Kamala khan with powers and as ms marvel. This is a very different 2 cond print, the book itself is not relevant. it is the killer cover and it's meaning... It pre dates all others.... There is a story behind it and something will surface I am sure. Point one would be up there for sure and is a great buy .

Why would they second print the last issue in the run?

Why would the second print have art from alphona?

Why even print if the run was so tiny?

If you add the cameo and first full pre dated cover appearence its hard to overlook. Maybe there is no story but I hope one of you guys run into someone at a convention and ask.

Another question....If the point one is a preview story, but it is original and not reprinted material so why would it be a preview and not original? There are situations with these books that are not the same as past situations. My head hurts...

Edited by paul747

Can you call them and discuss notations for comics you sent in.....1st full appearance(and its a 1st print not a 2nd like that cm 17) would look nice

I believe so, yes.

And obviously they have a grasp of what is in the book itself, so no, asking for a 1st appearance on a random Superman book wouldn't fly, lol .

I believe an example of this is the new notation on the X-Men Annual #14, cameo/1st app of Gambit. But that's a whole other story...

Unless someone specifically asked them to add something to the label, they will be blank, I believe.

So if i send in a copy of superman 628 and add a note to add "1st app rock" they'll do it? Would prob have to sneak in a tip or something though, right?

If it was a character named Rock, and not just an actual rock, yes, I believe they would add it to the label.

I would imagine the 2nd print would still have the same label as the 1st print, which would be a cameo appearance.

My 2c .

That's not necessarily a bad thing, as I still think the 2nd print will be the book to have, due to the cover and print run.

1st appearance of ________ in cameo on last page.

is how they word it I believe.

Edited by vikingreed

ANMN Point One has a stand alone story. I'd say it is more of a short story than a preview. Would you say that DC Comics Presents 26 has a preview or 1st appearance of the NTT? Compare that to TWD 127, where actual pages from Outcast 1 is shown. Now, that is what many would consider as a preview - preview of Outcast 1.

CM 17 2nd has a great teaser cover (Kamala was unamed at this time) - it definitely caught the attention of most speculators and collectors. I'm not sure if a cameo of a body part + cover of an unamed character would equal to a 1st full appearance. (shrug)

Don't get me wrong, CM 17 2nd is a very desirable book as shown in recent sales. I'd want one or two for my collection for sure! I'm stoked for you that you have multiples. :)

CM17 2nd print Cgc notes:

Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan) Cover

Pre-dates Ms Marvel #1 (4/14)

This is not, not will it ever be, listed as a 1st full appearance of Kamala Khan, that will be ANMN #1

It will still be one of , if not the, Key Ms Marvel books. Now a days, I look at anything beyond 1st print cover A of everything, to be a 2nd print / reprint. Collectibility and rarity make most top books now, convention variants= 2nd prints. East of west RRP = reprint. Saga RRP = reprint, and so on.

That CM172nd print is a sick book. The "RRP" of Ms Marvel books, IMO.

FYI: Voldemort labels it as of now "first appearance of Grace Valentine. Last issue. doh!

I also love that people call them Voldemort, but I have been pretty pleased in all aspects of dealings with the evil ones, so far.

Just got a couple One Point in the mail from gohastings...via UPS Mail innovations....one was horribly crushed.

Looks like NM is about as high as you can get ordering these from midtown or gohastings...all have had a crease in the same spot halfway down on the left

yeah, I got a few from them....VF/NM range, lots of bends.

Anyone have one of these WITHOUT bindery tears? Pulled out a bunch that I ordered a couple months ago and noticed most, if not all, have bindery tears.