• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Ellis- Stormwatch/The Authority

175 posts in this topic

So there's about to be a new printing of Absolute Authority & as confirmed by Bryan Hitch on twitter today, he & Warren have a whole new story that's going to be included along with Authority 1-12 & Planetary/Authority: Ruling the World. Whether or not this new story is going to also be printed in a single special or not is unclear yet.

Hitch Confirmation Tweet

Edited by Doktor

Just now, the authority said:

lol

Really hoping for a separate book somewhere as I have The Authority in every way possible...in multiples. Either way, I'm getting that story. (thumbsu

SAME! I already have an original printing of Absolute Authority Vol 1. I just really don't need to buy a new copy of it just for a new story.

Picked up a very sharp set of the complete Ellis Stormwatch run (minus Stormwatch V2 #4) naturally, for a buck a pop. Haven't read these since they originally came out, happy to have them back in the collection.

Dream the impossible dream:

025 WildC.A.T.S./Aliens 1 8/98 Dark Horse-Image Comics   Variant Cover   Modern   9.6 WHITE   Warren Ellis story, Gil Kane cover
Chris Sprouse & Kevin Nowlan art
""Death"" of Fahrenheit & Winter.
Destruction of Skywatch.

After this sub I just need the  Apollo & Midnighter cover of #5 and my v2 set is done. After how many years? Comics are funny.  

002 Stormwatch Preview 1 9/97 Image Comics       Modern Grader Notes 9.6 WHITE   Warren Ellis story
Oscar Jimenez & Chuck Gibson art

003 Stormwatch v2 #3 12/97 Image Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   Warren Ellis story
Oscar Jimenez & Michael Ryan art
Bryan Hitch & Paul Neary cover

004 Stormwatch v2 #1 10/97 Image Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   Warren Ellis story
Oscar Jimenez & Jason Gorder art
Two different covers exist,
one by Richard Bennett and one by
Travis Charest.
005 Stormwatch v2 #5 3/98 Image Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   Warren Ellis story
Bryan Hitch & Paul Neary cover & art

006 Stormwatch v2 #1 10/97 Image Comics       Modern   9.8 WHITE   Warren Ellis story
Oscar Jimenez & Jason Gorder art
Two different covers exist,
one by Richard Bennett and one by
Travis Charest.

52 minutes ago, bffnut said:

Congrats! How tough was that v2 #4 to get in grade?

It took me a while to get the #4. I ended up getting two graded at 9.8 in a few months, but I ran through a lot of duds to get there. I sold the second one for $463. There was a lot of pent up demand, at the time. 

That sub, above, generated a 9.6 #4. Great lot of books.