• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remarked and resketched thread
17 17

632 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Mike Mayhew remarks on his Star Wars:Vader Down #1 Comic Con Box sketch variant from 12/15.

Mayhew remarks.jpg

Mayhew seems to go way out on "remarks" lol does he charge the same a or a decent price compared to a "sketch on a blank?"

Having not got too many of either, it makes me wonder!! Sometimes you see remarks and while they're COOL, they don't always seem to have the same "effort" that Mayhew puts in .......

I mean looks like Mayhew even uses copic markers and they look like quality :) 

Anyway, Congrats @Ron C.!!!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mayhew seems to go way out on "remarks" lol does he charge the same a or a decent price compared to a "sketch on a blank?"

Having not got too many of either, it makes me wonder!! Sometimes you see remarks and while they're COOL, they don't always seem to have the same "effort" that Mayhew puts in .......

I mean looks like Mayhew even uses copic markers and they look like quality :) 

Anyway, Congrats @Ron C.!!!

I love what Mike does with remarks. He has three "levels" of remarks (Prime, Legendary and Epic)... these are the middle one. I believe his prices are still discounted on his website from his last virtual appearance. At that time, he mentioned that he is less willing to do sketch covers in the near future due to the time and effort involved, but loves doing these remarks. He did a Silver Surfer sketch cover not too long ago that was stunning.... I believe that CGC had it on their website or IG page while commenting that at first it looked as though it was an actual cover.

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

Back from CGC .....  Mike Mayhew.

Vader Down Mayhew Chewbacca.jpg

Vader Down Mayhew Yoda.jpg

Sweet cover even without the sketch lol

Congrats :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Even .... I knew what I meant lol

I thought I'd post this one I got in this morning since I probably won't see it again for another 3-4 months. Mirka Andolfo Deadpool. 

If you look closely you can see bits of paper (grader's paperwork?) floating around between the book and case. There's one smack dab in the middle and one on bottom. I contemplated just shaking it to the bottom so I wouldn't have to send it back in right now. It won't budge though. 🙁

IMG_20200804_093027~2.jpg

4 minutes ago, dshre00 said:

I thought I'd post this one I got in this morning since I probably won't see it again for another 3-4 months. Mirka Andolfo Deadpool. 

If you look closely you can see bits of paper (grader's paperwork?) floating around between the book and case. There's one smack dab in the middle and one on bottom. I contemplated just shaking it to the bottom so I wouldn't have to send it back in right now. It won't budge though. 🙁

IMG_20200804_093027~2.jpg

Contact CGC and they will get you squared away.  Getting it re-slabbed as a mechanical error won't take 3-4 months long.  I had to send a slab back recently and it took around 4 weeks I think (give or take).

9 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

Contact CGC and they will get you squared away.  Getting it re-slabbed as a mechanical error won't take 3-4 months long.  I had to send a slab back recently and it took around 4 weeks I think (give or take).

I say 3-4 mostly joking. This was actually done at C2E2 before everything fell apart, so it's had a long ride. I've already got an email in to CGC about it. 

1 hour ago, dshre00 said:

I say 3-4 mostly joking. This was actually done at C2E2 before everything fell apart, so it's had a long ride. I've already got an email in to CGC about it. 

I just checked.  My book arrived on 06/23 and they shipped it back on 07/14.  So with pre and post shipping travel times it was about 4 weeks.  What's another 4 weeks right!?  :insane: