• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SGT Fury #13 Club
2 2

25 posts in this topic

It's the sister copy to Avenger #4 - the first appearance of Captain America in the Silver Age, and I'd almost argue a more eye-catching cover with it's blazing red and yellow coloring and equally dynamic cover art.

A number of years ago I had a nice 8.0/8.5 raw copy I sold here on the boards, which was later pressed into I believe a 9.0 or 9.2. Man, I miss that copy - absolutely gorgeous. Later, I had a chance to buy a copy in VG+ condition but signed by both Stan Lee and Joe Simon. I foolishly passed on the offer. It was priced a touch high as I recall, but I'd never be able to buy it again for that price now - we all have those stories.

Anyhow, my buying has been next to nil for the past few years as I've been busy with my family, teaching, and writing. But every now and again, I pull the trigger. Last night, I decided to bring home a copy of one of my favorite SA key books. :D

sgt%20fury%2013%20signed.jpg

sgt%20fury%2013%20signed-2.jpg

So, there she is! CGC 6.0 SS with Stan Lee signature. Presents incredibly well from the images, and needless to say, I'm excited for when it arrives later this week.

How about the rest of you? Have copies to show off? I'd especially love to see those out there with signatures!

Here’s mine, a VG or so… I haven’t rescanned it so scan is from the original seller (Philreal) from which I bought it… :)

Is there some movement on the book or am I dreaming? I thought it was valued less…

I am also waiting for my first Avengers #4… :cloud9:

vlg2irAh.jpg

Hey all --

Just picked up a copy of this book from Comiclink...once I get a scan up on Photobucket I will post it here.

That Don/Maggie copy is outrageous, by the way.

Dan