• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest in peace, Herb Trimpe

137 posts in this topic

Very sad to hear if this is true. It seemed like he drew almost every comic book on the newsstand when I was a kid. I have fond memories of them all. :(

My wife and I had the priviledge of meeting him last year. What an incredible individual. The word "legend" gets thrown around a lot regarding comic creators, Trimpe was a bonafide legend. His contributions can never be overstated. Sad day for comic fans.

Holy cow.

1st time I met him was in Montreal a few years ago. Him and his wife Patricia were a pleasure to talk to. I'm sorry to hear this.

Sorry for being clueless, but was he ill?

Holy cow.

1st time I met him was in Montreal a few years ago. Him and his wife Patricia were a pleasure to talk to. I'm sorry to hear this.

According to this Facebook post by Herb's cousin he was at a convention this past weekend and was doing just fine.

Holy cow.

I heard he took a tumble at Amazing AZ but nothing serious....

I just saw Trimpey this passed Saturday and we chatted for a good 30 minutes. He seemed in perfect health to me, I would never imagine in a million years that he would be gone 2 days later :sorry:

I feel privileged to meet the legend as I know he did have health conditions in the past, from what I heard it was very hard for him to travel to do shows in the past 2-3 years because of that.

So sooooo sad

RIP... to the man who was the first to draw one of my all time favorite characters.

Holy cow.

According to this Facebook post by Herb's cousin he was at a convention this past weekend and was doing just fine.

Wow. Wonder what happened.