• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #1 cover just showed up on eBay auction

174 posts in this topic

It has already more than doubled in the approximately 15 minutes since I posted the first message.

The seller seems to be somebody who mostly sells old bottles, and the listing says he found it at an estate sale. I wonder what issue of Captain Marvel it is "loosely married" to? Hard to tell from the pictures. (Kinda funny how keyword-spammy his listing is.)

The seller seems to be somebody who mostly sells old bottles, and the listing says he found it at an estate sale. I wonder what issue of Captain Marvel it is "loosely married" to? Hard to tell from the pictures. (Kinda funny how keyword-spammy his listing is.)

Sounded kinda fishy with his very expressive use of "Nice!" but he stays consistent in all his posts with bottles and comics. Heck of a find.

In my ill-informed opinion it looks like the cover has been completely split and then glued back together.

Looks that way to me, too.

Yeah, I would definitely want to communicate with the seller before bidding on this one.

In my ill-informed opinion it looks like the cover has been completely split and then glued back together.

Looks that way to me, too.

I just looked at it, enlarged, on a 70" monitor. I don't see this. Someone would have to be some kind of an expert gluer to get it that straight and even, nevermind that you can't actually see any glue, but instead can see the seam of the two halves of the cover. And the seller has provide multiple close up pictures for me not to get the idea he is trying to hide anything. My 2 cents.

-J.