• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #1 cover just showed up on eBay auction

174 posts in this topic

Well, I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

I'll post updates as I get it graded etc. I hope all goes well.

17084105409_d31567d088_b.jpg

You got the best and only part of Cap 1 the counts for Me { Hello i said me } great buy that wont happen anytime soon thats for sure. (thumbs u

Peter.

If this was a Detective 27 cover only what you think the price would be. :juggle:

Well...Tec 27 prices seem to about 6x-7x Cap 1 right now, so...60k?

I don't know if the spread is that much but that was definitely a solid buy. Glad a boardie got it. (thumbs u

-J.

Thanks guys!

Cap has always been my favorite GA character.

I blew 2 chances to win Action #13 covers because I underestimated the value, so I went in guns blazing on this one.

If I ever see a reasonably priced interior and the opportunity I'd gladly marry them.

Is there a cgc submission option for super fast grading on books in this price range? I'm not seeing one so far...

Here are the pics from the auction:

I pray I didn't make a terrible mistake.

17082933790_c342f7bb1d_o.jpg

17082933730_45ae3242f6_o.jpg

17082933580_0b83b67c1f_o.jpg

17082704838_9e5a0dc8e9_o.jpg

17082933470_a8a7851efd_o.jpg

17270472285_fbed2b13f1_o.jpg

17270472115_4a5b7547ea_o.jpg

17084267739_7560a38977_o.jpg

16648025044_387e04c0a5_o.jpg

17084267559_e88b4abd33_o.jpg

I still think it has some work on the spine. Take a black light and look at it in the dark when you get the book.

If its unrestored 100% you will never lose any money. Lots of coverless copys but NO covers ever for sale great cover.

I dont care what people say every book i have bought high $$$ i have buyers remorse. It goes away fast (thumbs u

If this is a keeper just send it to Matt at CCS and let him press (or not press) out the wrinkles and do a restro check.

This way you can stick it in a mylar and always enjoy it in its entirety until you find your interior.

Great pickup so congrats to you. As far as did you pay to much or did you get it at a good price? Who cares you got it and are happy. If it has had restro and you decide to return you are protected.

Looking at scans I vote no resto.

Oh I love Cap 1 as well. ^^

Congrats on a solid buy...you will never ever regret picking this cover.

It is one of the top golden age age books out there, and believe me there are going to be

A lot of folks contacting you in the future to try to complete their copies...and guess what

you hold the missing piece and a beautiful one by the way!

I am late to the party, but honestly I have seen older paper have different yellowing based on what it was pressed up against. My guess is having the spine of the Capt. Marvel book inside and against the spine of the interior of the cover cut down on the oxidation rate. my 2c

what would be the cost of a coverless cap one be in todays market and what would be the price reduction for putting together with one? If the cover is not restored then would the book have a blue label?

what would be the cost of a coverless cap one be in todays market and what would be the price reduction for putting together with one? If the cover is not restored then would the book have a blue label?

qualified label I believe

qualified label I believe

Qualified with a "married cover" notation. (thumbs u

-J.

One sold about a year ago (to a boardie) on clink - it wasn't complete, as several panels were cut out, but all the wraps were present. It sold for 8k.

(Guess I should edit this and say that that is what I remember but it has been a while, so maybe I'm wrong about that price. But I think it was 8k.)

id say a cover less Cap 1 would go $5k easy. Maybe even more if Knightsofold was bidding after it.

id say a cover less Cap 1 would go $5k easy. Maybe even more if Knightsofold was bidding after it.

Like the cover, I don't think a cover-less copy would go for less than 10k. Especially now that people know there is a cover out there to be had. lol

-J.

Like the cover, I don't think a cover-less copy would go for less than 10k. Especially now that people know there is a cover out there to be had. lol

-J.

certainly, if you own either piece, that would drive one to pay up up for the other to marry and complete it. :)